Is F2P at all viable for blockland?

Author Topic: Is F2P at all viable for blockland?  (Read 3010 times)

you still can't see custom decals server sided unless someone else also downloaded them from the add on website.

And good luck trying to get people to download stuff just to see your custom stuff

And good luck trying to get people to download stuff just to see your custom stuff
You can play on a server with friends that you share the faces and decals with

You can play on a server with friends that you share the faces and decals with

But I want everyone to see it.

you still can't see custom decals server sided unless someone else also downloaded them from the add on website.

If those decals were to be seen by players who haven't bought them, it would imply that those faces and decals would need to be somewhere in the base game's file path. If that were the case, any ripped decal packs with those faces and decals could be seen by anybody making buying them pointless.

Basically, making payed for mods that players couldn't easily steal would require a system overhaul. I doubt Badspot would want to put work into a system he most likely wouldn't agree with.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 09:46:20 PM by Mr.Noßody »

No, not really. But I think that instead of a F2P update, what blockland needs is a community update, plus a "Download blockland now for free and get it forever for free" type of deal Payday2 and CK2 had would be better.

No, not really. But I think that instead of a F2P update, what blockland needs is a community update, plus a "Download blockland now for free and get it forever for free" type of deal Payday2 and CK2 had would be better.
this

we have enough problem users already and i rather them not get free alts

I had considered this at some point too. The problem is there just isn't the quality we had a few years ago. If people downloaded the game for free and got the diversity and quality of servers we had in like 2013 I think bl could easily get >1000 players at a time but right now it's just roblox that's less normie-friendly and with a lot less servers. The great thing about blockland is the building, the mods and the community (it used to have). None of those are easy to get into

Regardless, if it did go free WITH AN ADD-ON GUI INCLUDED like glass it would revive the community a bit

Blockland also lacks more easy-to-jump-into gameplay options heavily relying on servers hosted by it's users. This was something that Gamemodes was supposed to fix but not many ran with it, and currently that board is mostly silent.

The big issue however is that there is no default Addon GUI like OrangeMan said. Even if people did start making new Gamemodes or mods, new players would be entirely unaware. The gap between the game and the forums kills most newcomers.

Well it's loving hard to create your own gamemode.

It was a genius system but it's made for genius people and this game was marketed to people with autism so no one is loving using it

I aleready have an idea of how blockland culd be f2p
There are 2 type of account, the free one and the Gold one
The free account have a limited ammount of player/addons that the server can have (maybe 12max player and 30 max addon)
The gold account cost 10$ and is a normal account (like now) and it have evryting that we aleready have now (no restriction) and can acces to "Gold only" servers and have more special items than a Free account (Like a VIP statuts)

I aleready have an idea of how blockland culd be f2p
There are 2 type of account, the free one and the Gold one
The free account have a limited ammount of player/addons that the server can have (maybe 12max player and 30 max addon)
The gold account cost 10$ and is a normal account (like now) and it have evryting that we aleready have now (no restriction) and can acces to "Gold only" servers and have more special items than a Free account (Like a VIP statuts)

That's literally what the demo is to the paid version. Plus, I highly doubt that the demo is played regularly enough to receive that status. Badspot likes his money.