NBC - Fake news outlet caught using stock photos for 'measles outbreak'

Author Topic: NBC - Fake news outlet caught using stock photos for 'measles outbreak'  (Read 2141 times)

forum village idiot goth vs master matthew who wins

goth doesnt post much but when he does its absurd stupid stuff like this that makes me lose brain cells, but matthew posts annoying stuff frequently

goth doesnt post much but when he does its absurd stupid stuff like this that makes me lose brain cells, but matthew posts annoying stuff frequently
Honestly I thought Matthew had posted it at first, had to scroll halfway down the page to realize he didnt

Speaking about fear mongering, did you watch the video you posted lmfao?

Like, damn dude
Imagine being so handicapped you think it's possible to get a genetic disorder after birth

I didn't think it was anything like that. I actually agreed with Mathew when he said

on the other hand, I do have to defend that photoshopping images like that to make a point is deceitful and immoral
That was pretty much my entire reason for the thread. Everyone automatically jumps the gun and thinks it's about vaccines, when the post is really about how NBC doctored stock photos (which is unprofessional and misleading) and provided it as a solid story with LITTLE TO SHOW except for said doctored images

Here comes a long one
they use stock photos like every news outlet does because taking photos of actual victims with measles without their consent is illegal. anyways people should be scared of measles, especially people with weak immune systems such as unvaccinated people, children and the elderly. in areas where vaccines aren't easily available, measles kills like 800 people a year
There are plenty of real images of real people infected with real measles, instead they chose to use a stock image of a baby with photoshopped measles. You seriously don't see anything wrong with that?

you basically have the luxury of living in a country where 99% of people are vaccinated for measles and therefore it cannot spread as easily as say, sub-Saharan Africa. you should really count your blessings rather than cut at news articles for stating common sense, because without them raising awareness on the dangers of viral infections you'd be living in a country with a really high infant mortality rate. your daughter got the MMR vaccine but if she didn't and you took her on a 2 week trip to Niger or Mali she'd certainly get measles. And even if she didn't go there, anyone you know could've come in contact with someone that did and easily pass it to her without showing any visible symptoms. It's that dangerous

The human body carries like thousands of strains of harmful bacteria and viruses that are constantly being suppressed by the immune system and they'll show no visible sign of infection. Someone who has never come in contact with these infectious agents before will immediately become infected and possibly die if they go untreated. So selectively opting out of vaccines is only going to put yourself at risk; everyone else can handle it because our immune systems know how to defend against it
I guess your still missing the point
Quote from: Goth77
Everyone automatically jumps the gun and thinks it's about vaccines, when the post is really about how NBC doctored stock photos (which is unprofessional and misleading) and provided it as a solid story with LITTLE TO SHOW except for said doctored images

I suppose if you wanna put your faith in NBC or you just believe everything you see on TV this stuff is pretty convincing
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 12:49:40 AM by Goth77 »

NBC doctored stock photos in the interest of convenience, that's just unprofessional. Hence why I get my information from a youtube channel that intros with an animation of Satan stuffting in a diaper.

NBC doctored stock photos in the interest of convenience, that's just unprofessional. Hence why I get my information from a youtube channel that intros with an animation of Satan stuffting in a diaper.
You call it convenience, I call it deceit....watching satan stuff his diaper is pretty funny tbh, unless you worship tha dude. I didn't make the video I linked (obviously) but there was an article I posted aside from that. For you to assume that I use youtube as my "source of information" makes you seem aggressive and assumptious, which are primary characteristics of a child.

Imagine talking about fake news outlets on a lego forum
Guess you were right

For you to assume that I use youtube as my "source of information" makes you seem aggressive and assumptious, which are primary characteristics of a child.
are you channeling the spirit of tommybricksetti

are you channeling the spirit of tommybricksetti
oh gosh you mean hata? no lmao im no chad, just wanted to make a fury post after a while....you know, like the pokemon attack
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 02:33:08 AM by Goth77 »

op, why do you keep responding to people just to tell them that they're wrong? why not even acknowledge the people who are actually right.
see figure 1
yes...this is quite literally how stock images are supposed to be used.
see figure 2
OP would be too stupid to recognize a baby with measles if he saw it, same with the rest of NBC's viewer-base. Naturally they're going to create visuals from stock images so you get the gist of it. Whose job is it to walk their ass down to a local hospital to take a stuffty picture of someone else's sick (probably quarantined) baby lol?

There are plenty of real images of real people infected with real measles, instead they chose to use a stock image of a baby with photoshopped measles. You seriously don't see anything wrong with that?
no, i don't see anything wrong with that. if a major news outlet used an image of a baby with measles, it would probably be from one of two sources.
1. an image from some website about medical stuff, which using that image would likely result in copyright issues
2. a picture from social media, which nbc can get in trouble for for using an image of somebody's terrible disease and using it for their own thing