News:Senator Josh Hawley to introduce bill banning predatory Microtransactions

Author Topic: News:Senator Josh Hawley to introduce bill banning predatory Microtransactions  (Read 1729 times)

https://twitter.com/hawleymo/status/1126191466819276801?s=21
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=npRcdl3f6iU
Good on this dude, vote red. Can’t wait for master handicap and the liberal morons of the forums to derail the thread though :(

i hope this gets bipartisan support

edit: how would they ban kids under the age of 18 to buy microtransactions (just wondering)

cuz this could end up like research sites where you just lie about your age and nothing changes

i hope this gets bipartisan support

edit: how would they ban kids under the age of 18 to buy microtransactions (just wondering)

cuz this could end up like research sites where you just lie about your age and nothing changes

Easiest thing to do is to make the ESRB acknowledge that games with lootboxes purchasable with RLC contain gambling using said currency, there fore forcing them to label any game with it Adult Only. And Adult Only games are very seldom sold anymore, so it'd force companies to stop.

That's just my understanding I havent read the bill

Easiest thing to do is to make the ESRB acknowledge that games with lootboxes purchasable with RLC contain gambling using said currency, there fore forcing them to label any game with it Adult Only. And Adult Only games are very seldom sold anymore, so it'd force companies to stop.

how would this be regulated for online purchases like steam and app stores and such?

I'm fully in support of what this bill is trying to do but idk if it's actually gonna change much or be enforceable. I could be wrong though

grimlock we live in the same city and ive always considered showing up at your house with a bat

You want the liberals and master handicap to derail this.

You want the liberals and master handicap to derail this.
yes

grimlock we live in the same city and ive always considered showing up at your house with a bat
just gonna screenshot this in case grimlock suddenly disappears

AO is essentially Self Delete for a game because the 3 consoles won't even allow it on their platform and AO games aren't allowed to be advertised like other games

I’d love if you did. I’ve got my CCL :)

I’d love if you did. I’ve got my CCL :)
@HULKHOGANWWFWORLDCHAMPION

AO is essentially Self Delete for a game because the 3 consoles won't even allow it on their platform and AO games aren't allowed to be advertised like other games
oh stuff thats great then

does the same thing apply for the app store/play store? i assume so since apple has always been brown town about adult content, idk about google tho

me too and ive always considered bringing a poleaxe and a steel buckler or something incase he has a shank