(NEWS) San francisco becomes a state and bans facial recognition

Author Topic: (NEWS) San francisco becomes a state and bans facial recognition  (Read 1034 times)

FAKE NEWS STRIKES AGAIN

if san fran became a state, i like to see it firebombed and cratered because of those yuppies turning other cities into stuff, especially those anarchist groups.

this is good

i dont want this to turn into china where you get id'ed by security cameras and your credit score goes down for not thanking the bus driver

Prolly a good thing.

FAKE NEWS STRIKES AGAIN
You got proof with that claim?
Oh, who am I kidding.

Imagine being scared that a picture of your face is in some database somewhere to verify that you are you. Not everything involving you and security is bad especially if the city banning it has the largest airport in the state

My thoughts is that its a scary first step into the social credit system that China has going on.
They've said they'd like to see that system in place in the States, and thats scary as forget.

That will stay a china only thing. Everyone on this side of the planet will want it repealed and there is no way making that a thing would make it through congress and court

Imagine being scared that a picture of your face is in some database somewhere to verify that you are you. Not everything involving you and security is bad especially if the city banning it has the largest airport in the state
imagine wanting to enable a security state that allows security cameras to track your every movement so that the eventually totalitarian technocracy can purge you and three generations of your family if you google how to make a clock

That will stay a china only thing. Everyone on this side of the planet will want it repealed and there is no way making that a thing would make it through congress and court
corporations dont care about congress or court, they do things for money and google is already looking at every possible way to squeeze each penny out of tracking all of your movements

the PATRIOT act exists already, we are halfway there

I don't mind. America is never going to let presidents repeal term limits and congress and then spend the money on making my branch of texas a totalitarian state

corporations dont care about congress or court, they do things for money and google is already looking at every possible way to squeeze each penny out of tracking all of your movements

the PATRIOT act exists already, we are halfway there
You're loony dude. In what world would a company like google sue you for searching something up? There is NEVER going to be a situation where i'm googling how to make my own 7-up using lemons and a carbonator and the google boogeyman police bust down my loving door and wipe out my family. People would be sued faster than an eye can blink - and even if people are tracking me, this stuff gets revealed quick. No one at google has come out and said google is selling my data - something you can sue for - unlike companies such as Facebook and it's subsidaries which are just as much a worldwide home brand as Google is

I really hope this remains true. but you never know.
Also, do we know if this effects photo filters and phones facial recognition? Or is that just surveillance?

Just surveillance. Photo filters and facial recognition don't take pictures of you without your consent nor does anyone else besides you and anyone with access to your phone physicallly (and people you share the photo with) have access to it

I don't mind. America is never going to let presidents repeal term limits and congress and then spend the money on making my branch of texas a totalitarian state
You're loony dude. In what world would a company like google sue you for searching something up? There is NEVER going to be a situation where i'm googling how to make my own 7-up using lemons and a carbonator and the google boogeyman police bust down my loving door and wipe out my family. People would be sued faster than an eye can blink - and even if people are tracking me, this stuff gets revealed quick. No one at google has come out and said google is selling my data - something you can sue for - unlike companies such as Facebook and it's subsidaries which are just as much a worldwide home brand as Google is
do you even know what the patriot act is? nice strawman dude, i was clearly pointing out that massive corporations can AND will AND have collaborated with the federal government under the guise of mass surveillance without warrant

of course google is not a loving secret police are you absolutely handicapped, the government does this. This law outright bans companies from doing it, which means the government wont be able to piggy back off of their big brother infrastructure. I dont know how you can oppose this