Author Topic: whats ur favorite guns  (Read 9260 times)

bullpups are handicapped
imagine unironically making a gun be more compact and easier to carry while maintaining the same barrel length and muzzle velocity

bullpup shotguns are basically knockback -100
you get flown to the moon from one shot of it or you just break your hip and neck
spoken like someone who has no idea how bullpup guns work
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 04:45:34 PM by PhantOS »

imagine unironically making a gun be more compact and easier to carry while maintaining the same barrel length and muzzle velocity

But is it worth the drawbacks? A huge part of accuracy is a good trigger and ergonomics, areas they're weak in. And while they are easier to carry due to their compactness, they tend to be heavier. This is more of a technicality, but it also feels unsafe to have the part that goes boom right on your cheek, which also makes ambi shooting impossible (with most platforms).

I think the main advantage here is being able to rapidly adapt between CQC and regular long-distance engagements without compromising on muzzle energy, but ultimately compromises in both areas

But is it worth the drawbacks? A huge part of accuracy is a good trigger and ergonomics, areas they're weak in. And while they are easier to carry due to their compactness, they tend to be heavier. This is more of a technicality, but it also feels unsafe to have the part that goes boom right on your cheek, which also makes ambi shooting impossible (with most platforms).

I think the main advantage here is being able to rapidly adapt between CQC and regular long-distance engagements without compromising on muzzle energy, but ultimately compromises in both areas
a lot of what you mentioned as drawbacks are a per-weapon design basis. the bullpup design has nothing to do with ergonomics or trigger weight, it just allows you to have a weapon with the same barrel length as a front magazine rifle but with like 40% less weapon length. there are some bullpups with great ergonomics like the ksg or sa80 line of bullpups.

the weight and case ejection are flaws of the bullpup design in general. bullpups will always weigh more because they have counterweights by the end of the barrel to change the center of mass to the grip. but, the weight to barrel length ratio is more efficient then conventional weapons. the ejection port is obviously a problem but in its defense a lot of conventional weapons aren't amhidextorius to begin with. some bullpups like kel tec's line of shotguns eject shells downwards so they are amhi by design. some weapons like FN's f2000 eject shells from the very front of the gun
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 06:07:44 PM by PhantOS »

Kel Tec has done away with a lot of the bullpup issues. I own the RDB so I can back some of these claims up.

Shell ejection: Similar to the P90. Ejects out the bottom. Trigger; Its excellent. Its not a match grade AR15 trigger but it is better than most AR15 triggers out of the box. Weight isn't anything heavier than an AR.

bullpoops be like plvphlh look at me im a dumb ass backwards gun

look what i found in my dumpster

spoken like someone who has no idea how bullpup guns work
i should've just said any shotgun tbh

colt single action army
why?

Special operations unit Foxhound,
Revolver Ocelot.

thats why

if you go flying from a shotgun youre 20 pounds

if you go flying from a shotgun youre 20 pounds
i weigh -1 pounds