[BG Official] Brickadia Hate Thread

Author Topic: [BG Official] Brickadia Hate Thread  (Read 52285 times)

everyone has expectations and demands that can either be met or ignored at the creators discretion. I don't think it's really antagonizing, people just naturally want things and when they don't get what they want they are unhappy
yeah, you can't make everyone happy, and i don't hold it against badspot for not adding a bunch of awesome tools for modders all the time. but you can avoid literally removing or obscuring features modders are using. to my knowledge, badspot never did this without good reason, but since torquescript is so powerful it kinda feels like there's always been this slow-burning battle where badspot is running around trying to stop people from setting everything on fire by just deleting the concept of fire. even silly stuff like setting shapenames on players we got put behind a padlock cus people were naming bots "Badspot" or something. so maybe 'antagonistic' isn't the right word in retrospect; badspot didn't just remove stuff modders liked using for fun, he's been havin to fight against this stupid engine and all its cracks for years. which i guess leads into:

i think, paradoxically, the pure power of torquescript in blockland can sometimes act as a burden as well. like, server-broadcast GUI has always been kinda a pipe dream because there's pretty much no way to strike a perfect balance between modders' needs and security since you're literally sending them random unverified code. and a fair number of features were removed from blockland cus of exploits and stuff that wouldn't be a problem if you got to decide and scrutinize how much power people have. fundamentally, i think the most common use case for packages in torque is doing what a good hook would accomplish anyway. if you can write code and just plug it into the game where it needs to go, that's great. iirc most of mmtoo, for example, is just some code that's glued to blockland with packages that translate the internal state of the game. let me put stuff on people's screens, move people around, dress em, hurt em, hook into some standard actions, and tell me when other important stuff like spawning and damage happens and i can probably take care of the rest.

but i think the most important thing, to state my previous sentiment in a different way, is to have developers that are receptive and adaptive to what modders are saying. and tho i haven't followed brickadia much, i am pretty optimistic in this respect. i think i'm definitely gonna stay tuned to see what kinda toys there'll be to play with

and on topic, mm2 is probably the most well engineered gamemode on blockland. it was so well made that it actually got me into the really advanced parts of software development like good OOP design, scalability and hooking/servicing. its a level of modularity that i wish most games could achieve

bro whens brikadea mm

edit: and surf

edit: and tournaments

edit: and duling

edit: woo brikadea

Can yall like, disable the phone verification from the discord server?

i actually hate brickadia, now

brickadia sounds similar to furcadia, several of the devs are furries.
brickadia will turn players into furries
#boycott brickadia
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 08:30:29 PM by Nigel The Protagonist »

atleast all the problem users moved to richardadia, so Blockland can be played more, again.

atleast all the problem users moved to richardadia, so Blockland can be played more, again.
were you super mario 65 in game?

Can yall like, disable the phone verification from the discord server?
also this please
not everyone has phones

i dunno what funky ass moves your parents were pulling while making you that somehow allowed you to have thought processes like this

god damn the water in this game is so nice

they've already made brickadia hack... AAAAAANNNNNNND of course it's block gang

i mean, i hate brickadia, too, but don't make hack software because you don't like it

They didn't even make it, it's just an off-the-shelf dx11 exploit that works for tons of games.