The "Fraud Prevention Team" Scam on Steam

Author Topic: The "Fraud Prevention Team" Scam on Steam  (Read 4226 times)

A few minutes ago a guy by the name of NicholasTheEgghead got in contact with me via steam, he claimed he reported me by accident and the only way to undo this is by adding a "moderator" to cancel the report, that moderator was called Quacker, I got in contact with him explaining the situation and he said that if I don't cooperate my Steam account would be banned, he then sent me this GIF.

At first I panicked, I thought it was legit, until later on he said that I would receive a code to confirm my e-mail, then I realized that if I had any real problems with my account, I would had received an official e-mail instead of contact via Steam Chat, here's the profile of the scammer.

If some random person adds you and claims that you got reported or that you're involved in to something and asks for your e-mail confirmation code, block and report, don't fall for that, I searched for it and it turns out that they try to get in your account and steal all of your items in the inventory, I searched for this "Fraud Prevention Team" and turns out that some people fell for that.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamScams/comments/a8dqhe/this_guy_says_he_works_for_the_valve_fraud/

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/3374780959392047912/
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 01:50:15 PM by Filipe »

Things like this are a part of why i don't add randoms

Things like this are a part of why i don't add randoms
At first I thought it was some guy I had for a while on my friends list but I coudn't remember, I didn't add him before this whole incident.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 09:52:56 PM by Filipe »

yep this has been a method for a while, but it's good to at least inform more people about it just in case

happened to me too except you got the blunt end of it. i got the bellend

as in they stole my account :(

i was actually friends with nicholas the egghead before this. he didn't talk in all lowercase. he talked in proper grammar. i should've seen this coming

how could such an innocent-looking face spout such lies

how could such an innocent-looking face spout such lies
Does this look like the face of innocence?

if someone is so desperate or broke that they want some virtual item that does nothing at all and they have to steal a steam account in order to get it then they're pathetic as hell
i mean you can sell them on the market but you cant actually turn the steam money into real money

what i'm trying to say is that steam scamming is pretty pointless and stupid

if someone is so desperate or broke that they want some virtual item that does nothing at all and they have to steal a steam account in order to get it then they're pathetic as hell
i mean you can sell them on the market but you cant actually turn the steam money into real money

what i'm trying to say is that steam scamming is pretty pointless and stupid
unfortunately you're wrong on that aspect - selling accounts is a real thing. there's a market for hacked steam accounts + the games on them, and even ignoring that, the fact the steam market can convert items into real steam currency => someone is willing to buy that currency at discounted rates (ex something like $2 steam for $1 cash)

happened to me too except you got the blunt end of it. i got the bellend

as in they stole my account :(
oh stuff so that wasnt you

the person using ur account did this to me too, except I never got referred with an email code or anything, quacker was just like "o send screenshots" "oh ya ur in the clear m8" and never asked for anything

strange :thinking: hopefully my acc doesnt get stolen somehow still lmao

whatever here's the screenshots i sent quacker

I don't have any screenshots between quacker and myself tho

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 12:55:28 AM by Insert Name Here² »

What the forget I just saw my steam account for sale on Buy CS:GO Prime Accounts dot org

Anyways Watch Movies and TV Shows without ads.