CBlock360 Rates your Art

Author Topic: CBlock360 Rates your Art  (Read 6575 times)

uhh i guess u could try rating my avatar? c: it's some material to critique anyway lol
rate it its my art
i love ur art it may not be my job but my personal rating would be at least 12

rate my mom's first try using my ipad

uhh i guess u could try rating my avatar? c:

7/10 It's pretty decent. Color is pretty good but the Inking is much to large and should be shortened. The Drawing isn't really anything to write home about.

rate my mom's first try using my ipad

4/10

I could see this as a surreal painting, but the lack of effort or thought put into the drawing makes this ultimately forgettable. She could try experimenting with colors and give her strokes a little more attention.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 11:52:58 PM by cblock360 »

only have posted it on amino and (well posted the image location at least) on here

5/10 The proportions could be much better and the designs could use more work. The line work is inconsistent and jagged and the posing is much too stale and 2-Dimensional. Colors are fine but make the red jacket a bit brighter.

only have posted it on amino and (well posted the image location at least) on here
3/10 although the posing is in a solid position, the proportions leave too much to be desired. The edges are too jagged and the eye colors are too dark. There’s no shadows or highlights to help with the stale art. The background is much too lazily drawn. The text doesn’t help either.

5/10 The proportions could be much better and the designs could use more work. The line work is inconsistent and jagged and the posing is much too stale and 2-Dimensional. Colors are fine but make the red jacket a bit brighter.
I forgot to mention this, but the inconsistent line work is because each character was a separate drawing done at different times, but my very average "style" was similar enough throughout each of them that i decided to toss them into one image

For the inconsistent line work, the top right character uses a 2 pixel outline or something as i was trying to do something different from the usual bold 3 pixel outline that the others use

As for design, these are all based on actual people's OCs, and i didn't want to deviate too far from their actual color palettes

Everything else about proportions, jagged lines, 2 dimensional poses are definitely true though, i tried to add more depth with the Glaceon drawing by adding shading, and there was an attempt at a more 3 dimensional pose with the dragon character, but i guess that also fell flat (no pun intended)

Overall, these issues and the average rating were pretty much what i was expecting to hear as i feel the same way about my art, i just wanted someone else's thoughts on the matter, so thanks for that

But i seem to have problems actually rectifying these issues, no matter how many other artists' works and tutorials that i look at, i can't seem to replicate any of it in my own art

Most of those drawings are from 2016, and despite occasionally drawing in my free time since then, i haven't been able to improve much, so what sort of arduous process must i go through before even i am satisfied with my own work?

I forgot to mention this, but the inconsistent line work is because each character was a separate drawing done at different times, but my very average "style" was similar enough throughout each of them that i decided to toss them into one image

For the inconsistent line work, the top right character uses a 2 pixel outline or something as i was trying to do something different from the usual bold 3 pixel outline that the others use

As for design, these are all based on actual people's OCs, and i didn't want to deviate too far from their actual color palettes

Everything else about proportions, jagged lines, 2 dimensional poses are definitely true though, i tried to add more depth with the Glaceon drawing by adding shading, and there was an attempt at a more 3 dimensional pose with the dragon character, but i guess that also fell flat (no pun intended)

Overall, these issues and the average rating were pretty much what i was expecting to hear as i feel the same way about my art, i just wanted someone else's thoughts on the matter, so thanks for that

But i seem to have problems actually rectifying these issues, no matter how many other artists' works and tutorials that i look at, i can't seem to replicate any of it in my own art

Most of those drawings are from 2016, and despite occasionally drawing in my free time since then, i haven't been able to improve much, so what sort of arduous process must i go through before even i am satisfied with my own work?

You'll never be satisfied with your own work. You can only satisfy others. Also, draw from real life before anything else. And get a teacher.

imo pretty much draw more. but always pay attention to what bothers you about your own art and iterate on improving that specifically. drawing aimlessly as practice without pinpointing a specific issue/theme/goal to focus on probably wont do much in terms of improvement

« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 04:53:08 AM by sleep »

7/10 good colors and pretty decent design. The background is also nice but the proportions on the legs and the awkward pose needs to be worked on. The pose does not fit at all. 8/10 The second image is really well done. The lighting on the floor is a little wired but the colors and the rough lines do help with the consistency and style of the drawing. 6/10 There are a few glitches in need of fixing and it looks mostly unfinished. It’s alright overall.

i just realized how weird the ears look lol

Please give me mor art to put down critique