[Userscript] BLF Incognito v1.2 - Hide your actions from the "Who's Online" list

Author Topic: [Userscript] BLF Incognito v1.2 - Hide your actions from the "Who's Online" list  (Read 4187 times)

This userscript will hide your recent actions from public visibility in the "Who's Online" list by overwriting them with a view to the board index. This does not work 100% of the time, but it should be more than enough to keep your actions generally more private.

This userscript works by hooking the click event on all urls on the forum, and quickly requesting the board index before navigating to the link. Normally you might think it would be better to simply request the board index after each page load, but this does not work since there is a ~8 second cooldown before your last action can be updated again. Hooking only the urls also means that what you are doing could be revealed if you refresh the same page over and over again rather than navigating using the links on the page. As far as I can tell there isn't much of a better way to go about this due to the cooldown on last action updates.

To install this, you will need a userscript manager such as Greasemonkey (for Firefox) or Tampermonkey (for Chrome), or something equivalent since there are multiple others out there.

https://pecon.us/userscripts/incognito.user.js
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 01:47:07 PM by Pecon »

sounds cool will check it out

That's cool. But now the furry thread will mysteriously spike in views despite everyone just staring at the front page of the blf.

🤔🤔🤔

That's cool. But now the furry thread will mysteriously spike in views despite everyone just staring at the front page of the blf.
what are you getting at 🤔🤔

what are you getting at 🤔🤔
What do you think the F in BLF stands for?

the board index looks so cool im gonna look at it for 9 hours straight

Glad to see the uptake going so well!

i have to say i don't really understand why to use this

i have to say i don't really understand why to use this
so people dont spy on you

i have nothing to hide

i have nothing to hide
but you gotta hide urself from the people that gonn spy on u

i honestly wish this didn't exist now, i liked spying on people smh