Author Topic: Hide/show brick menu items  (Read 3564 times)

I'm working on an RPG and I am using the brick menu to be the place for the player's inventory and spells. Currently, all the players in the server are able to see the items, even if they don't own them. How can I hide certain items in the brick menu? For example, if Person A buys a spell for 1 gold, then it will appear in their spellbook but not Person B's. I wouldn't mind doing anything hacky as long as it doesn't severely interfere with the game.

I'll be willing to pay if this will require a complicated solution cause I'm desperate as forget
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 02:35:32 AM by Hawt »

went over the brick selector dialog code. main issue is client generates their own bsd contents by iterating over the datablock group.

any sort of fix would require sending clients wrong/adjusted brick datablock uiname/category name data

couldn't that be done with a dll

anything can be done with a dll - dlls modify the base game code during runtime...

anything can be done with a dll - dlls modify the base game code during runtime...
Not exactly "anything" at least without requiring the client to patch their own blockland with the same DLL

blockland 1.5.2 WITH MODS  :cookieMonster:

I'm guessing in this case the client has no idea what addons are installed on the server, it's just sent a bunch of names, data, and client prediction logic. So you could theoretically send it fake information to create the illusion of inventory item names and quantities

I'm guessing in this case the client has no idea what addons are installed on the server, it's just sent a bunch of names, data, and client prediction logic. So you could theoretically send it fake information to create the illusion of inventory item names and quantities
it's easier to modify things like the item inventory and maybe the brick cart if i remember right
harder to modify what's in the brick selection gui, since that isn't supposed to change mid-game

Salvage mod had a similar system with the brick inventory that could be used as a base. You could rig the BSD to hide all bricks and fill it with a bunch of bogus 'bricks' that the player can purchase. The downside is you won't be able to easily build whenever the server is up.

Salvage mod had a similar system with the brick inventory that could be used as a base. You could rig the BSD to hide all bricks and fill it with a bunch of bogus 'bricks' that the player can purchase. The downside is you won't be able to easily build whenever the server is up.
link? id like to see how

link? id like to see how
I wonder if you can send script objects

possibly by adding them to datablock group? but the client detects if the datablock they got is fxdtsbrick type to put in the selector dialog

possibly by adding them to datablock group? but the client detects if the datablock they got is fxdtsbrick type to put in the selector dialog
The client only adds fxDTSbrickData to the BSD