police officer arrested for not protecting kids even though judge ruled he doesn

Author Topic: police officer arrested for not protecting kids even though judge ruled he doesn  (Read 1656 times)

police are not obligated to protect sure. they are however obligated to keep order and serve the commonwealth/government. i'm sure reacting to the parkland shooting fell under keeping and enforcing order

it also should be noted that while police don't legally have to protect you, basically all police departments have it as a obligation to protect and serve the people. the police department took the bureaucratic disciplinary measures and fired him. but the legal charges of child neglect and endangerment are actually civilian charges brought up in a civil court by the parkland students. sure, most civilians in that situation couldn't be charged in this situation, but seeing as how the "civilian" was a on duty officer, with training and weapons, was obligated by the police department, and heavily implied by the public. it's not hard to see why he was charged to the fullest extent of the law.

i do understand why you would think he shouldn't be prosecuted seeing as the supreme court ruled that he wasn't obligated to help. but it's kinda the same thing as a solider refusing to participate in combat. all the military can do is discharge him. it's up to a civil case to legally charge them

Police aren't obligated to protect the people.

They are just obligated to enforce rules set on by the state.

*protect owners of capital

i wonder why he didn't interfere though 🤔🤔🤔

so murder isn't illegal by your logic

i wonder why he didn't interfere though 🤔🤔🤔so murder isn't illegal by your logic
this is a big leap in logic, nowhere did tony state that

tony simply states that the police doesnt protect you, they are not there to protect you and they have no duty to

so murder isn't illegal by your logic

K I see where you're being ignorant now.

K

kool kids klubkool kids klub<LKLOLLKMDF

If the loving police see some guy trying to kill another person they can legally not interfere as long as police come up with this bullstuff excuse like "they feared for their lives"

Police can and will refuse service if they think their lives will be endangered.

did you not read? he was charged as a ""civilian"". it's basically on the same level as if you refused to report child abuse or assault. Unarmed and untrained civilians are only expected to call the police, but in this case this man was the police, had specific training and was armed. it is a civil case and legally speaking they aren't seeing him as a police officer obligated to protect and serve, they are seeing him as a ""civilian"" that was supposed to be prepared but instead acted as a bystander

sometimes i think your skull is so loving thick that you filter all the stuff you want to hear

police only care about enforcing bullstuff laws that they can make money off of from tickets.

They do not give one stuff about the personal well being of their community.

tony normally i take a neutral view instead of instantly bandwagonning but bruh you are dumb lol

did you not read? he was charged as a ""civilian"". it's basically on the same level as if you refused to report child abuse or assault. Unarmed and untrained civilians are only expected to call the police, but in this case this man was the police, had specific training and was armed. it is a civil case and legally speaking they aren't seeing him as a police officer obligated to protect and serve, they are seeing him as a ""civilian"" that was supposed to be prepared but instead acted as a bystander

sometimes i think your skull is so loving thick that you filter all the stuff you want to hear
i mean tony is right in a certain sense, imagine this:

if it was a cops job to protect every single civilian in their jurisdiction, it would make them liable to literally everything:

i got shot in the street? sue the cops, they didn't protect me enough. my mom got robbed? sue the cops... etc.

they arent legally there to protect you, it's physically impossible and thats not their purpose.

their purpose is to protect capital and capital owners, enforce private property and other laws that all stem from that

police only care about enforcing bullstuff laws that they can make money off of from tickets.

your pseudo generalization can literally be disproven by countless reports of police responding to harmful situations that they were not "legally obligated" to

this is a big leap in logic, nowhere did tony state that
its a honor student and he just said that they just had to enforce rules when its obvious murdering is a "rule"
tony simply states that the police doesnt protect you, they are not there to protect you and they have no duty to
once again its a loving honor student

K I see where you're being ignorant now.

K

kool kids klubkool kids klub<LKLOLLKMDF

If the loving police see some guy trying to kill another person they can legally not interfere as long as police come up with this bullstuff excuse like "they feared for their lives"

Police can and will refuse service if they think their lives will be endangered.
...refusing service is illegal

these are police officers not traffic cops

i mean tony is right in a certain sense, imagine this:

if it was a cops job to protect every single civilian in their jurisdiction, it would make them liable to literally everything:

i got shot in the street? sue the cops, they didn't protect me enough. my mom got robbed? sue the cops... etc.

they arent legally there to protect you, it's physically impossible and thats not their purpose.

their purpose is to protect capital and capital owners, enforce private property and other laws that all stem from that
they still however also have the obligations of a upstanding citizen. that is like saying someone doesn't have to report rape just because they aren't "obligated to". expect someone can be charged for neglecting a situation like witnessing a rape and refusing to do anything. just like someone can be charged for child neglect and child endangerment especially when their training, job, and gear indicates that they should interfere. same logic applies to the officer
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 08:21:27 PM by Damp »