is there fans that blow cold air?

Author Topic: is there fans that blow cold air?  (Read 1621 times)

Traditional fans just blow air, but if the air is hot then the fans are just going to be blowing HOT air.

Are there fans that turn the air around it cold no matter if the air is hot or not?

Place some bags of ice behind the fan

Yes Tony, there is a fan that turns hot air into cold air.
Some call it an Air Conditioner.

I don't want an air conditioner

then you don't want a fan that blows only cold air

there has to be something cold to draw the cold into the blown air so either go air conditioner or put ice behind the fan

this comment made me spit out my drink good job

Well, a fan will feel cool as long as the air is below the temperature of your skin, so unless it's gonna be over 100F just use a normal fan.

You can somewhat decrease the temperature of the air blown by the fan if you force the air through small holes. Won't decrease it by too much, though.

Also, you can buy evaporative coolers or "swamp coolers" that are basically fans that blow cold air from ice boxes. They only work in dry climates, and don't expect them to cool down your entire room.

Here is my very safe fan that works fine

but does it blow cold air?

I have a portable air conditioner called a "blu breeze" that blows cold air. Just fill it with (preferably cold) water. Got it for like $10, does the job. It wont do much to cool the room down but it will blow cold air, so it kinda fits your description of a fan that blows cold air that isn't an air conditioner. I dunno if you can still get them though lol

I don't want an air conditioner

but you do want a fan that conditions the air to be cold...?

was kind of thinking use water cooling from a hose to the fan
would be kind of amusing to see