Author Topic: we outlived facepunch forums  (Read 2568 times)

if you were invested in it you can go to knockout i guess - sites relatively easy to find

garry newman be like
- deletes a bunch of boards from his forum because they aren't as active as the raw sewage political stuff-spewing board
- makes a bunch of handicapped updates to his forum that makes it completely unusable
- claims "forums have become irrelevant" because people stopped using facepunch after he destroyed it
- shuts it down entirely when the situation becomes unrecoverable

RIP over a decade of documentation for garrysmod

This actually has me more sad than anything else in my life right now. I remember being 12 and browsing the Garry's Mod section reading stupid stories and looking at screenshots.

If anyone was a part of Facepunch and is interested in still participating in the community, a large portion of the community has migrated to the community-made successor site knockout.chat

Friendship ended with Facepunch, now Knockout is my best friend
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 03:29:55 PM by Masterlegodude »

That's a bummer.

Hopefully someone archived the posts.

That's a bummer.

The Knockout community has been archiving stuff from Facepunch for a while now, they have threads where the last post is as old as 3 months ago

That's a bummer.

absolutely - if you go on the knockout discord you can ask for one of the archives

ye, its a good thing the forum is archived. I used to browse facepunch quite a bit, had quite the community. Lots of documentation on gmod stuff as well.
As for the owner of the site, garry's poo.

the users archived it right?

what the hell kind of server owner loving pulls the plug without giving them a complete archive afterwards? a site thats been up for 15 years?

the users archived it right?

what the hell kind of server owner loving pulls the plug without giving them a complete archive afterwards? a site thats been up for 15 years?
Garry said that he was just deleting everything
He's a dummy, we are lucky that the community has assembled archives

At least he had the decency to warn people 6 months in advanced, so there's that

the archives are currently private due to gdpr

why is garry such a roosterhead

what other forums do we have to outlast before we become the best