[NEWS} bethesda shuts down DOOM remake.

Author Topic: [NEWS} bethesda shuts down DOOM remake.  (Read 1739 times)

I think this is for the better, this isn't a remake at all. The monsters are Risen3D rips and the models are horrendous, not to mention the over use of GZDoom's PBR materials. It's a very uncanny sight to see doom modded to this extent.

Please note that you're getting this from a person who actually knows about most videogames they play. (Me)

Quote from: PCGamer article tony posted
Vasyan777 did attempt to keep the project afloat by re-releasing an updated build that they believed would bring the project into compliance with Bethesda's demands. "The legal problem with the previous build was that it was distributed as a stand-alone release which was using Doom IP," they wrote in the updated mod description. "The new build REQUIRES an actual original game which you will have to purchase from GOG or Steam."

Oh, I see why it was shutdown. He probably gave the IWAD away for free. (Aka the base game)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 07:42:40 PM by YouKnowWhoAgain »

how to discredit yourself:
Please note that you're getting this from a person who actually knows about most videogames they play. (Me)

I think this is for the better

Big ass corporation shutting down a free doom mod for an old ass game.

I tHinK tHiS iS foR tHe BeTteR

tony did you read his whole reply lmao

tony did you read his whole reply lmao
Do you really think he takes anything he posts on here seriously?

It's what Carmack would've wanted.

Big ass corporation shutting down a free doom mod for an old ass game.

I tHinK tHiS iS foR tHe BeTteR
Oh, I see why it was shutdown. He probably gave the IWAD away for free. (Aka the base game)
I highlighted my point just for you

who the hell even comes home from their 9-5 job and expects to load up doom? that's insanity.

good i dont like doom anyways

I highlighted my point just for you

Who doesn't own classic DOOM at this point?

2016 doom is better btw

Who doesn't own classic DOOM at this point?
Back then everyone did, but it's 25 years old and people can only really come up with a vague image of the '93 Doom games. But tl;dr someone was publicly giving away free copies of doom. Piracy will kick your ass 25 years later apparently.