9 (34.6%)
PS4
4 (15.4%)
Joy Cons
3 (11.5%)
Other
6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Tier List Weekly Megathread | Best Controller  (Read 4568 times)

B is gonna be average for me here

tbf i never hear so many good things about the gamecube controller, just seems to me like it's an average controller to most

PS4 and xbone controller have the most ergonomic design of all controllers

Honestly it's a tough call for number one for me.

The joycons have a very unique split design that makes casual play comfortable but if there is any intensity it loses its value, I'm sure the joycon will be great for when animal crossing comes out, but given the fact most devices can't use them correctly outside of the switch I'm definetly offing this one first.

The PS4 controller is garbage, but it's light and touch sensor makes up for some of its design flaws by being a great option as a mouse Hybrid controller. Just a shame it's on such an awkward layout. The Concave/Convex thumbsticks are too small and really aren't angled right for the device, and the face buttons/dpad are just flat. The PlayStation controllers have always been overrated, but and it's just a dissapointment. So this one gets bronze I guess.

The Switch Pro Controller is a fantastic device, the wide buttons and battery life really bring this up through the ranks. The battery inside is the same one in the 3DS, so it's no surprise it has an astoundingly long battery life. But what puts this one below the next is the digital triggers. I don't know why Nintendo insisted on ditching digital triggers after the gamecube, but it really affects gameplay in many instances. I give it silver.

The Xbox One controller, this thing, god this thing is a work of art. I know most people see the AA battery thing as a down side, I get it, charging is convenient and nice, except it isn't. You have to wait for hours and hours for a controller to charge, or anything that uses a LiON battery actually. So your in the middle of a enacting a pro gamer ranked match in Minecraft, and your controller dies, you only have the one so what do you do? Well with those other controllers your stuff out of luck, but with the Xbox controller, BOOM your back in the game. But if that were it, this'd be out already. This controller has such a natural curve in the hands, it's makes you feel like your hands are the controller, it's so seem less. The Dpad, that thing is easily the best DPad ever created, sorry Nintendo, that pro controller dpad is trash. The thumbsticks, those are the most slip resistant sons of bitches I've ever used, it's like its covered in a perpetual ooze of gorilla glue.  And those triggers? Those are easily the best triggers I've ever used, soft and smooth like good piano keys. The bumpers are alright, a bit prone to breaking, but eh, I've never seen a good pair of bumpers ever.

So basically, the Atari Paddle is the greatest controller of all time.

i actually really like the steam controller

The only reason the joycons are so low is because I have big hands

bruh i loving loved those rifle controllers

rifle controllers + cabela's big game hunter (or some other shooting game) = fun as forget

only other thing as fun are the rockband / guitar hero full controller set

dude i played the forget outta cabelas games i have like 9000 gun controllers

my super powered mind

i play hella melee and i think the GC controllers are overrated. you basically gamble on if a controller is good or not every time you buy one, and nearly all the ultimate controllers come with issues. That being said, the GC controller is pretty nice, though the D-Pad sucks ass

dude i played the forget outta cabelas games i have like 9000 gun controllers
bitch lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated by how well they would fit into your ass

disclaimer: i have big hands