Is there many people playing blockland still?

Author Topic: Is there many people playing blockland still?  (Read 4323 times)

unreal engine blockland remake that's currently WIP. it has no content and at the moment no online players so I highly doubt it's the cause of people not playing blockland

How long has this been in development? Sounds like the kind of project that will get dropped early on. I feel like I remember years ago someone tried to do the same thing, but never went anywhere with it.

How long has this been in development? Sounds like the kind of project that will get dropped early on. I feel like I remember years ago someone tried to do the same thing, but never went anywhere with it.
been 2-3 years now, dev is still chugging along slowly but surely

been 2-3 years now, dev is still chugging along slowly but surely
mhmm alpha 4 comes sometime this month :eyes:

it's actually pretty good looking so far, most of the blockland spinoffs are abandoned pretty quickly but this ones been going for a while

this isnt a final decision (just my thoughts) but we could open our b4v21 master server to v21 if needed. we'd make a client addon for v21 that filters out servers from other versions of course, so it appears just like the current ms

You people playing on loving servers before V21 are loving killing this game.

You're just like TBM

ugh dom0s back

Sorry you feel disgusted towards me. I wont change your mind but still I'm sorry.

Why do people even play B4v21? Aren’t there Add-Ons now that replicate the interiors? And I know it’s not 1:1, but we have terrain cubes too.

Why do people even play B4v21? Aren’t there Add-Ons now that replicate the interiors? And I know it’s not 1:1, but we have terrain cubes too.
those addons only cover a fraction of the 100+ maps that v20 has and they're very time consuming to port to v21, with no lighting and buggy collision. it's just easier installing v20 in 5 mins instead of spending hours porting maps
also the brick terrain can be far more laggier then v20s terrain, harder to drive on and can't be infinite

I literally made a loving gamemode map using terrain bricks to make a giant interior

https://blocklandglass.com/addons/addon.php?id=995

those addons only cover a fraction of the 100+ maps that v20 has and they're very time consuming to port to v21, with no lighting and buggy collision. it's just easier installing v20 in 5 mins instead of spending hours porting maps
also the brick terrain can be far more laggier then v20s terrain, harder to drive on and can't be infinite

You should like the TBM community.

In reality how many people used a variety of those hundreds of maps though? Other than any of the slate variations people either used the Bedroom or the Slopes. GSFGhost’s GTA maps were fun for a few minutes, but nobody ever used them extensively.

In reality how many people used a variety of those hundreds of maps though? Other than any of the slate variations people either used the Bedroom or the Slopes. GSFGhost’s GTA maps were fun for a few minutes, but nobody ever used them extensively.
the point of b4v21 is an option for those who want to go back and experience the nostalgia to do so

Maybe it is now. I remember though when v21 was announced, and when it released, how many people were up in arms because they “valued” terrains and interiors. I can’t remember if I was around when B4v21 became a thing, but I imagine back then it was to have access to terrains and interiors.

I’m surprised that Badspot doesn’t do anything about it though. Someone mentioned they use their own master server for the authentication? Doesn’t that mean you don’t need a key, and can essentially play an outdated version of Blockland for free?

how many people were up in arms because they “valued” terrains and interiors.
I think it's the funniest thing that even now some people still complain about the removal of terrains and interiors but barely anyone plays b4v21

No, i wouldn't say so