Road Rage

Author Topic: Road Rage  (Read 3487 times)

Tonight someone going down a hill got angry about my headlights being too bright. I was still at the top of the hill, so he was in the bright part of my lights. I drive an SUV and he was in a sports car, so my headlights are also up higher. He slammed on his brakes, then started driving really slowly until I passed, at which point he began chasing me for the next 3 miles while flashing his lights until he got bored since I wasn't reacting much. He did flip me the bird though, so I guess I'm number one. I still have a lot of anxiety from the situation. It sounds less scary than it was in person. I probably should have called the cops but I was too focused on not stopping.

Any one else have road rage stories?

at which point he began chasing me for the next 3 miles
Relatable, even to people who don't own cars.

Do you not have a hatchet or something under your car seat?

Do you not have a hatchet or something under your car seat?

I have a crow bar but I don't really do well with conflict. I'd rather not hurt people if I have the option. I know I need to protect myself better though.

I have a crow bar but I don't really do well with conflict.
So you haven't dealt with a man running at you with a knife at full speed at a subway at 3:00 am not clickbait and when they stab you, you have bullet proof armor on then you shoot them in the head 007 style

Psycos on the road are why I keep my pistol in my car

Psycos on the road are why I keep my pistol in my car
this seems irrationally paranoid to me

Yeah I’ve had someone follow me before too, middle of the night. They got stuck at a red light before I got anywhere close to home. If you’re not big on confrontation OP, and they won’t stop following you, try taking a detour to or near a police station next time. I’ve heard that usually gets people like that to screw.

Well seeing as you generally lack common sense that isn’t surprising

By the end of the day the man with the gun is more likely to live a few more years than a hippie who gets stabbed to death for letting his/her guard down.

went 80 down a dirt road with a nissan altima chasing me

went 80 down a dirt road with a nissan altima chasing me
damn bro u a rally driver

pull a loaded gun and murder him and eat his kids

nothing is worse than driving on a swervy back road at night and some forgeter coming from the other direction has his brights on.

to be fair though i never drive with my brights on. i always forget to turn them off when someone drives by.