Plad Joins the Army: Or How I Learned to Stop Posting and Go On Hiatus

Author Topic: Plad Joins the Army: Or How I Learned to Stop Posting and Go On Hiatus  (Read 5026 times)

Don't be another American that goes to a bar in Germany and gets into fights and stuff. I hear a lot about American servicemen in Germany doing that stuff.
this happens everywhere. heard a story of a company getting a 9pm curfew because one guy forgeted up and got into a fight with some japanese dudes

on the flipside, a dude in my unit went to kuwait and got to know some of the foreign dudes really well so they got drunk all the time together. dude had an amazing deployment lol

It's only been almost 6 months for me but I know I'm gonna have to really tough it out when I get deployed, I've heard I'm going to Hohenfels Germany as soon as I get to my unit, or to Afghanistan. I'd prefer Afghan tbh
If you end up going to Hohenfels hit me up. I can hook you up with some good locations to visit during the free time you won't be getting (unless you do get free time, idk how it is in aviation).

I'm stationed about 4 hours away near Ramstein but I've done plenty of travelling while in Europe.

From what I've heard about Hohenfels is that due to how the deployment is and the fact it's in loving Hohenfels is that I'll be training for 9 months

So you’re in AIT, but you get to carry your phone all the time?

Damn, you guys with PLT SGT AITs have it easy.

So you’re in AIT, but you get to carry your phone all the time?

Damn, you guys with PLT SGT AITs have it easy.
PLT SGT? Never heard of em' I've got Drills still.

I also don't get my phone all the time, I post before bed, and during the 4 hours of freetime us Nighthawks get.

YO being a helicopter mechanic is a great deal plad. That pays extremely well once you're out, I have a fraternity brother who's brother worked on CH53's for the marines and he's making a ton now that he's out as a helicopter mechanic for Boeing
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 11:55:27 AM by Grimlock² »

YO being a helicopter mechanic is a great deal plad. That pays extremely well once you're out, I have a fraternity brother who worked on CH53's for the marines and he's making a ton now that he's out as a helicopter mechanic for Boeing
Exactly! That's the major upside to being in Aviation, you can always do some great stuff once you're out, and if you stay in you get to do some cool stuff and get a bunch of quality training and experience

PLT SGT? Never heard of em' I've got Drills still.

I also don't get my phone all the time, I post before bed, and during the 4 hours of freetime us Nighthawks get.

Most AIT classes drop Drill SGTs and switch to Platoon SGTs, and it’s usually a lot more laid back from what I understand. Only a few MOSs still keep Drill SGTs for AIT. MPs, I think infantry, yours obviously, and maybe a couple others.

Most AIT classes drop Drill SGTs and switch to Platoon SGTs, and it’s usually a lot more laid back from what I understand. Only a few MOSs still keep Drill SGTs for AIT. MPs, I think infantry, yours obviously, and maybe a couple others.
That changes all the time depending on TRADOC funding AFAIK. Even signal just switched back to drill sergeants after having PSGs for a while.

Unrelated, I am pretty surprised that there are so many service members in the BLF. I guess it makes sense considering military's age-old goal of weaponizing autism.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 10:24:05 PM by Taciturn »

most actually switched back to drills. my ait was a transportation company and they switched to drills

though i did not get my phone during ait lol

From what my drill sergeants said during basic, due to the absolute lack of discipline in recent recruit they began a massive switch to DS over PLT SGT.

She is my adorable little bundle of joy, sadly I haven't gotten to meet her in person yet due to being in training and because I'm almost done I didn't take leave, but she is coming down this weekend or next plus my graduation so I'll get to see her for a bit then. Can't wait to PCS and move to my duty station, sadly I am going to Kansas of all places.
Wait stuff what base? I have some friends in reserve goinf up there rn

can somebody translate all the military acronyms for me

im lost

can somebody translate all the military acronyms for me

im lost
AIT is "Advanced Individual Training" - It's an army thing. School dedicated to training individuals in their designated MOS.
SGT is "Sergeant" - E-5 in both the Army and Marine Corps
TRADOC is "Training Doctrine" - A training doctrine specialized in the Army
PSG is "Platoon Sergeant" - Usually an E-6 whose billet is the advisory role for the commanding officer of a platoon.

US military is full of acronyms. Also full of waiting.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 12:52:22 PM by Ceist »

AIT is "Advanced Individual Training" - It's an army thing. School dedicated to training individuals in their designated MOS.
SGT is "Sergeant" - E-5 in both the Army and Marine Corps
TRADOC is "Training Doctrine" - A training doctrine specialized in the Army
PSG is "Platoon Sergeant" - Usually an E-6 whose billet is the advisory role for the commanding officer of a platoon.

US military is full of acronyms. Also full of waiting.

you literally used acronyms to describe an acronym, wtf is an E-6/E-5