Trying to find info on a Chinese cartoon/anime

Author Topic: Trying to find info on a Chinese cartoon/anime  (Read 1560 times)

Ok, so I went to a CTN expo and I saw a show being developed by a foreign company. From what I could tell, the show was about a young naive man applies for a job at a cursed temple, where a demon cat rules. It’s set in ancient China I believe. What really struck as different about this show was that the main character was straight up a Chinese Ness that had a very different art style from the rest of the characters. I tried looking it up online but I couldn’t find anymore information on it. I know that the company making it has a name similar to boathouse films.

-------------------------------------------------G R E A T   F I R E W A L L ---------------------------------------------------

I sure loved that part of this "chinese cartoon" about The Tiananmen Square ROAD of 1989 where NOTHING HAPPENED.

It really goes into how GOOD the chinese government is about DOING NOTHING WRONG.

Unfortunately, if you saw this only at an expo, it's entirely possible the show never was released.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 05:07:30 PM by Master Matthew² »

I sure loved that part of this "chinese cartoon" about The Tiananmen Square ROAD of 1989 where NOTHING HAPPENED.

It really goes into how GOOD the chinese government is about DOING NOTHING WRONG.
when will you silence yourself

It could have been Japanese too, and they did develop a lot of footage for it.

So for a real answer China has a planned economy for their entertainment industry. You may have seen the cartoon at an expo but it might not actually be released yet. This is the same case with the animated film Next Gen, which has been available on netflix since last year but has still not gotten a theatrical release yet (It's not that it isn't going to, it was made specifically for Chinese audiences, they are still planning the dates). The reason the do this is I guess so theres only one film playing so it nets the most income it can.

But why would they bother showing it at an American expo? Also it’s a 2D show.

But why would they bother showing it at an American expo? Also it’s a 2D show.

China is a rising power, this is step one of their plan to turn Western civillians against their governments by brainwashing them with Chinese cartoons.

So for a real answer China has a planned economy for their entertainment industry. You may have seen the cartoon at an expo but it might not actually be released yet. This is the same case with the animated film Next Gen, which has been available on netflix since last year but has still not gotten a theatrical release yet (It's not that it isn't going to, it was made specifically for Chinese audiences, they are still planning the dates). The reason the do this is I guess so theres only one film playing so it nets the most income it can.
why do u know so much about chinese cartoons

Tbh I think it might be a Japanese anime cause from what I saw it was definitely a higher budget anime so I think the Chinese part is false

why do u know so much about chinese cartoons

My clients are Chinese half the time.

bubblegum crCIA
Stop it has furries in it and the main character is a Ness-lookin ass