What VPS company is the best deal for hosting 1-2 servers?

Author Topic: What VPS company is the best deal for hosting 1-2 servers?  (Read 2957 times)

Been awhile since i've been here, but now that there's apparently no hosting services around anymore, what VPS provider has the best deal? I just need something that can host 1-2 servers efficiently.

I used digitalocean. It's pretty good, their droplet system is nice. If you don't want to host 24/7 you can actually back the server up and shut it down and they won't charge you. And then when you want to you can just open it up again

I use NFOservers. They allow you to use Windows natively (though they charge you slightly more) so you don't need to use Wine or some other bullstuff.
2core/2GB will cost you $17.54/mo if you buy in 3 month increments, I would also recommend going with Windows Server 2008 since it has less bloat and runs better with lower specs.

I use NFOservers. They allow you to use Windows natively (though they charge you slightly more) so you don't need to use Wine or some other bullstuff.
2core/2GB will cost you $17.54/mo if you buy in 3 month increments, I would also recommend going with Windows Server 2008 since it has less bloat and runs better with lower specs.

i can also endorse nfo

i used NFO in the past and their support was super awesome, they went to ridiculous lengths to solve dumb problems i had hosting blockland servers

nfo is all around me aaaaaa

If you want the best performance/$ and can survive without using windows, Vultr's newer line of servers have incredible performance. Though which plan you would need totally depends on what sort of servers you'll be hosting, the 1 cpu/2gb ram plan should be sufficient for typical servers.

@everyone above: using windows is for noobs.

using an operating system that the game was made for is for noobs

The cheapest options will always be unmanaged headless Linux servers. I only spent 75 cents on my server because I closed it down whenever it died. If you go through the trouble you could also shut it down every night and open it in the morning and you'd spend maybe $6 a month. 5 for the host time and maybe 1.50 for the backups

I don't know if managed servers can afford this level of moneysaving. I assume the extra bloated features like gui and driver's would make it more expensive to back up
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 11:01:26 PM by PhantOS »

from experience NFO is way overpriced for what its offering. get literally any other service, it'll be just as good and like 3x cheaper. blockland works wonderfully on wine

using an operating system that the game was made for is for noobs
^ This is why bootcamp exists

not sure what you mean by that

^ This is why bootcamp exists
this is like installing chromeos on a dsi
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 02:00:58 AM by PhantOS »

this is like installing chromeos on a dsi
Yeah, bootcamp is pretty dumb