[real talk] why the forget do people use cozy mode over compact mode in discord

Author Topic: [real talk] why the forget do people use cozy mode over compact mode in discord  (Read 4785 times)

this is a question that has been racking my brain for the last 10 minutes
why do people feel the need to have a larger font and see PFPs in their chat program

doesnt rly bother me having cozy mode on

idc if u dont get bothered by it but if you actively prefer cozy over compact then you have a troglodyte brain

man this is comin from the dude who still has a christmas profile picture ur like a thawed caveman at a home depot

man this is comin from the dude who still has a christmas profile picture ur like a thawed caveman at a home depot
there rlly is no reason to change your profile picture at all you clown

I didn't even know there was a Cozy or Compact setting in discord until you posted this.

what the fukc is discord

I like seeing ppls avatars :(
also imagine not using ur own theme smh

Because this isn’t 2001 using IRC

there rlly is no reason to change your profile picture at all you clown
i dunno man.... it aint christmas

idc if u dont get bothered by it but if you actively prefer cozy over compact then you have a troglodyte brain
well you forgetin asked and i delivered i just dont mind it man what more do you want from me

i use ripcord

-snipcord-
yo man, if you're gonna drop something like this, atleast give people a link.
https://cancel.fm/ripcord/

So the upsides are that:
It doesn't use Chromium so it's a lighter version of discord
It is more uniform and rather old school for those of a nostalgic variety
also works with Slack... i guess thats an upside... what's Slack?

Downsides:
Lacks major features, screen share does not appear to be here, atleast I can't seem to find it. Alongside that, Text size is limited to default.
The user interface is not very intuitive. I don't know how to add servers to the bookmark/favorites section.
Server chats and voice chats appear in the same subwindow as the servers themselves, this can easily clutter your screen.
Incomplete, still in beta.
Will cost $10-$30 in the future according to the website.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 01:43:25 AM by Master Matthew² »

Sorry I prefer to visually differentiate between people using the avatars, and it just looks way better