[real talk] why the forget do people use cozy mode over compact mode in discord

Author Topic: [real talk] why the forget do people use cozy mode over compact mode in discord  (Read 4776 times)

Sorry I prefer to visually differentiate between people using the avatars, and it just looks way better

yo man, if you're gonna drop something like this, atleast give people a link.
https://cancel.fm/ripcord/

So the upsides are that:
It doesn't use Chromium so it's a lighter version of discord
It is more uniform and rather old school for those of a nostalgic variety
also works with Slack... i guess thats an upside... what's Slack?

Downsides:
Lacks major features, screen share does not appear to be here, atleast I can't seem to find it. Alongside that, Text size is limited to default.
The user interface is not very intuitive. I don't know how to add servers to the bookmark/favorites section.
Server chats and voice chats appear in the same subwindow as the servers themselves, this can easily clutter your screen.
Incomplete, still in beta.
Will cost $10-$30 in the future according to the website.
idk how they can charge for it considering third party clients are against discord TOS, I can see discord breaking those clients by changing their api or whatever in the future.

Regardless, I loving hate electron apps with a passion and the fact that discord takes like 4gb of ram to run makes me want to try this

yo man, if you're gonna drop something like this, atleast give people a link.
https://cancel.fm/ripcord/

So the upsides are that:
It doesn't use Chromium so it's a lighter version of discord
It is more uniform and rather old school for those of a nostalgic variety
also works with Slack... i guess thats an upside... what's Slack?

Downsides:
Lacks major features, screen share does not appear to be here, atleast I can't seem to find it. Alongside that, Text size is limited to default.
The user interface is not very intuitive. I don't know how to add servers to the bookmark/favorites section.
Server chats and voice chats appear in the same subwindow as the servers themselves, this can easily clutter your screen.
Incomplete, still in beta.
Will cost $10-$30 in the future according to the website.
u have google? i said the name

it does allow you to change the text size

if you think right clicking isnt intuitive then idk what to tell you

the call window is amazing it gives way more info than discord itself so that should be a plus on its own. its also a small window i dont understand how it clutters your screen unless your monitor is tiny

it also has bonus features like the ability to disable or change the Set to Away timer & to hide when you are typing.
you can also change avatar sizes and hide someone's messages without having to block them

it does lack screenshare and webcam, it also only embeds images, i dont even think it animates gifs
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 11:08:23 AM by sleep »

i dunno man.... it aint christmas
its always christmas forget you mean

Easily distinguishing people using avatars is a useful feature. Also i prefer having messages be bigger to not have them be inconsequential.

because I like seeing people's stupid weeb avatars I guess

it does lack screenshare and webcam, it also only embeds images, i dont even think it animates gifs
from both of your descriptions, ripcord appears pretty cool. surprised this is the first i'm hearing of it. sucks that this is the case though, otherwise i'd totally give it a try. i'm also worried about how long it would take third-party clients to incorporate new features, such as the ones being gradually rolled out right now (like the voice channel statuses or screensharing/streaming channels).

definitely keeping an eye on it

edit: also, cozy 4 life
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 07:10:11 AM by Remurr »

kant be like
you have leaked top secret information and for that im banning you from my spy kids 3d movie night at my house

you have leaked top secret information and for that im banning you from my spy kids 3d movie night at my house

please not sky kids 3d

kant be like
you just earned yourself a one way ticket to forget outta  my thread
see you next week

Everyone knows that neon yellow themes are superior.