Author Topic: [Weapon Pack] SWeps Melee v1.21  (Read 9356 times)

So you know that code Badspot put into the bots that causes them to run away like little punks when they are unarmed and they detect an enemy? They do that when holding these weapons. If the Minigame starts and they're holding one of these, they turn right around and book it like I'm One Punch Man or something. Even if I'm not armed. :l Zombies won't even use them. Even if they're holding onr of these weapons, they'll still do their default slap. Probably because they don't think they're armed. Is there something I can tweak in the code to get them to realize they're armed with these wapons? Especially when they're holding a giant, one-hit-kill sword and quite literally have nothing to be afraid of but ctrl+z?
they were never intended to be used with bots but when i get home ill see if i can add some code to make them work for you

why not use a fast projectile for something so close range?
not sure what you mean by this

why not use a fast projectile for something so close range?
projectiles dont have a hitbox, they act like needles when it comes to colliding with enemies. this makes melee weapons that use projectiles and arent spam-attack hard/annoying to use since you're essentially trying to shoot a sniper rifle point blank.

these weapons, like my dueling melee, use raycasts and/or radius/box searches to find objects to hit, and if the attack is blocked by bricks.

have your sword edge shine a beam of light at a 2.3847 degree inclination towards the atmosphere where it will warp slightly and redirect towards alpha centauri and impact the surface releasing about 0.0000001 calories which will speed up the release of free photons to the surface of the star insignificantly but enough to release one stray photon which will conveniently fly back and bounce off a crater in the moon at just the right angle to head back to earth, re-enter the atmosphere, fly down and hit the target you're about to slice with your sword, and bounce right back to the sword's edge letting the sword's internal magic know that it hit something

this is truly the most efficient solution for close range hit detection