Author Topic: [Weapon Pack] SWeps Melee v1.21  (Read 9357 times)

swollow remember when u said u were gonna leave

I love the custom animations this weapon pack has, I'm having a lot of fun with it. I found some issues that I hope you'll fix though. I tested this with default add-ons enabled.

The weapons don't work with onProjectilehit.
Zombies after a disarmed state won't raise their arms again.
After killing a bot, I don't get points for killing with a melee weapon.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 05:05:57 AM by Spartan224 »

Melee weapons have been getting upgrades these last few years.
First Deadzone's dueling weapons, then Conan's Dueling Swords and now SWeps Melee.
While Deadzone's dueling weapons only had very fancy animations, Conan's brought a more accurate hit pattern and blocking/parrying and now this one brings us a couple other interesting mechanics.
What i love about these is their animation when you hit something, making it look more reactive.
Together with their normal animations, nice (rewarding) sounds and more accurate hit detection, they make the weapons nice to use and for that i must applaud you.

are you gonna be doing anything like the breakable chair weapon you made a few years back (unless it wasn't even you and I'm handicapped

swollow remember when u said u were gonna leave
ive never said that, I do frequently take breaks from blockland but I never quit

I love the custom animations this weapon pack has, I'm having a lot of fun with it. I found some issues that I hope you'll fix though. I tested this with default add-ons enabled.

The weapons don't work with onProjectilehit.
Zombies after a disarmed state won't raise their arms again.
After killing a bot, I don't get points for killing with a melee weapon.

they aren't projectiles so they would not trigger onProjectileHit, however when I get home I will add a onMeleeHit event
i can look into the zombie raising arms, not really a bug just an addon conflict, and for killing bots not giving points I will look into it

Thank you so much! I always try to put a lot of effort and care into my content, I appreciate it

i donot like it
sry

are you gonna be doing anything like the breakable chair weapon you made a few years back (unless it wasn't even you and I'm handicapped
yes that was me and I already did that, theres an entire pack, no need to do it again!

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=297623.0
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 11:21:41 AM by Swollow »

they aren't projectiles so they would not trigger onProjectileHit, however when I get home I will add a onMeleeHit event
i can look into the zombie raising arms, not really a bug just an addon conflict, and for killing bots not giving points I will look into it
Ah, that makes sense. I don't mind if you make a new event instead, I mainly wanted to use the onProjectileHit event for making breakable wooden boards and stuff like that. My question is that will you make that new event also work with SMelee that you mentioned? Besides that, you did a great job on this weapon pack, thanks for making this.

I also found two more bugs with vehicles. An AIplayer vehicle (if that's what it's called) spews blood when I hit it. Physics vehicles also don't seem to register any hits.

yes that was me and I already did that, theres an entire pack, no need to do it again!

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=297623.0
holy stuff i think i kinda remember seeing this but somehow completely forgot, this pack is metal as forget

make the fortnite pickaxe from fortnite  by fortnite gaming

v1.21

added onMeleeHit event
fixed melee weapons not giving points for killing bots

My question is that will you make that new event also work with SMelee that you mentioned?
no i don't bother to support my past addons unless I am interested in them for some reason

I also found two more bugs with vehicles. An AIplayer vehicle (if that's what it's called) spews blood when I hit it.
ill fix this later
Physics vehicles also don't seem to register any hits.
ill fix this later
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 04:20:16 AM by Swollow »

no i don't bother to support my past addons unless I am interested in them for some reason
That's fine, thanks for the fix though.

Can you make the impact sounds much quieter? They can be heard from very far distances and are louder than the guns.

can you model the guns correctly

So you know that code Badspot put into the bots that causes them to run away like little punks when they are unarmed and they detect an enemy? They do that when holding these weapons. If the Minigame starts and they're holding one of these, they turn right around and book it like I'm One Punch Man or something. Even if I'm not armed. :l Zombies won't even use them. Even if they're holding onr of these weapons, they'll still do their default slap. Probably because they don't think they're armed. Is there something I can tweak in the code to get them to realize they're armed with these wapons? Especially when they're holding a giant, one-hit-kill sword and quite literally have nothing to be afraid of but ctrl+z?

why not use a fast projectile for something so close range?