[Consumer Alert] Super Mario Maker 2 is a stuffty downgrade, with slopes.

Author Topic: [Consumer Alert] Super Mario Maker 2 is a stuffty downgrade, with slopes.  (Read 2140 times)

Super Mario Maker 2 is a stuffty downgrade, with slopes.

Alright, I can't believe I have to loving bash a NINTENDO game, especially for tactics and ethics I would put on par with EA, but here we go. Don't Buy Super Mario Maker 2, you'd be better off getting a Wii U with Super Mario Maker 1. Holy forget this game is worse than hot garbage, it's restrictive and misleading. How is it misleading? Well, most people expect a Sequel to be an Improvement, meaning, ya know, MORE features not LESS.

Nintendo Literally Removed Features, and it's not a minor omissions either.

What Nintendo Removed (Included but is not limited to):
Amiibo Costumes in SMB1
Shell Spin Grabs (Common in SMM1)
Overlaying Pipes with One Way walls
Overlaying Pipes with Other Pipes
Using Springs with Select Items, usually enemy items.
Extra Yoshi Eggs spawning Mushrooms
Super Mario World item Bounce Mechanics with Enemies (Not Including the Shell)
Building at the Start Area

Also because it's not on the Wii U, moving items is not nearly as intuitive.

Nintendo also limits the amount of levels you can upload.

While they may have thrown out a variety of level designs, new items and features, some of the features they removed were just asinine.

And until these are fixed, I advise that you

Do not Buy Super Mario Maker 2

What they removed is minuscule compared to what they added

What they removed is minuscule compared to what they added
I mean, SMM2 is still a good, fun game, and i don't regret purchasing it, but the things listed do actually seem like they would have been nice to have, especially being able to grab things while spinning

especially being able to grab things while spinning
I have both games and I didn't know this was a feature until watching the video, so I am pretty happy with the sequel despite the "major" features being omitted

Anything less than a 3d mario maker with sunshine galaxy and odyssey mechanics is a disappointment and not worth buying tbh

havent played my switch since they added pay for online :/

what the forget this pisses me off
I didn't buy it because i dont have a switch but I can imagine this forgets with a lot of dudes who wanted to make kaizo like levels due to you can't hold a shell while spinning.

havent played my switch since they added pay for online :/

It's like $20 you can sell some friend foot pics for thrice that

It's like $20 you can sell some friend foot pics for thrice that

candles league of legends

https://youtu.be/9o2IOi_mV08?t=64
https://youtu.be/JQetqUKMNq8
honestly the differences in the games as far as what was removed isnt that much and most of those "overlaying pipes" jank mechanics were used in troll levels
and i dont know anyone who cares so much about amiibo costumes when its mostly visual and is identical to having the shell helmet
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 06:33:00 AM by crazies alt »

OP is so hyperbole i feel like MM has a constant IV intake of gamer juice

https://youtu.be/9o2IOi_mV08?t=64
https://youtu.be/JQetqUKMNq8
honestly the differences in the games as far as what was removed isnt that much and most of those "overlaying pipes" jank mechanics were used in troll levels
and i dont know anyone who cares so much about amiibo costumes when its mostly visual and is identical to having the shell helmet

im just pissed because I used some of this stuff like I said most of it's just stuff that doesn't really affect the game like the flag not being diagonal but the spin jump with shell stuff do matter.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 09:28:26 AM by Boomsticks Alt »

Amiibo Costumes in SMB1
These were extremely niche, but I can agree that it sucks to lose them. But MM2 Has already increased the amount of courses you can upload, so I can see them coming in the future. Even if they don't, it's not that big of a deal.
Shell Spin Grabs (Common in SMM1)
I can see this being a downgrade. However it will increase the variety of levels we see ingame. Most of the levels that did well were just kaizo speedruns.
Overlaying Pipes with One Way walls
This is a straight up downgrade, I can agree.
Overlaying Pipes with Other Pipes
How many levels actually used this seriously? Most level's that used were just troll levels.
Using Springs with Select Items, usually enemy items.
Elaborate.
Extra Yoshi Eggs spawning Mushrooms
How many levels used this? Like next to none.
Super Mario World item Bounce Mechanics with Enemies (Not Including the Shell)
Elaborate.
Building at the Start Area
Only bad levels really made use of this (I.E Placing a thwomp at the start of the levels). The player needs room to get accustomed to your level.
Also because it's not on the Wii U, moving items is not nearly as intuitive.
This is not the games fault. Even then just play in handheld mode if you want to use a touchscreen.
Nintendo also limits the amount of levels you can upload.
This was a thing in smm1? Even then, like I said earlier, they already doubled it and plan on upping it again.

This absolutely pails in comparison as to what they added.
Two state blocks (+Two state tracks)
3D world theme
Slopes
New Enemies
New Powerups.
A really good tutorial (even teaches you things like respecting the player and having others playtest your level)
Different player characters.
A bunch of useful gizmos for contraptions (Swinging claws, icicles, see saw platforms, etc.)
Rising Lava/Water
Story mode
Online Versus and Co-Op (Though the connection isn't the best, I can see this being fixed like smash ultimate)'
A better version of 100 Mario challange.
Vertical Sub-Areas
And more.

Two state blocks (+Two state tracks)
-not that useful
3D world theme
-I agree this was cool
Slopes
-on a realistic note there was no need for slopes
New Enemies
-they didn't add any of the really cool enemies like the pokeys or any other ones they just adding mainly easy ones to program it seems like
New Powerups.
-also good
A really good tutorial (even teaches you things like respecting the player and having others playtest your level)
-again good for new people but kind of annoying for old players
Different player characters.
-They're the same just look different
A bunch of useful gizmos for contraptions (Swinging claws, icicles, see saw platforms, etc.)
-Good for the most part some are kind of eh though but I love the icicles
Rising Lava/Water
-it's ok I can make really stupid stuff with it
Story mode
-story mode kind of sucks atleast to me it does
Online Versus and Co-Op (Though the connection isn't the best, I can see this being fixed like smash ultimate)'
-big loving agree this stuff was awesome
A better version of 100 Mario challange.
-It's ok
Vertical Sub-Areas
-I don't see many people using these

Slopes
-on a realistic note there was no need for slopes
good way to void your entire post