the tf2 economy just crashed

Author Topic: the tf2 economy just crashed  (Read 2579 times)

look me in the eyes and tell me that tf2 is a good game that gets regularly updated and isnt a forgetin petting zoo where the chimps that work on the game have a diet consisting of a glue based gruel and all have severe arthritis

look me in the eyes and tell me that tf2 is a good game that gets regularly updated and isnt a forgetin petting zoo where the chimps that work on the game have a diet consisting of a glue based gruel and all have severe arthritis
tf2 is a good game that gets regularly updated and it isnt a forgetin petting zoo where the chimps that work on the game have a diet consisting of a glue based gruel and all have severe arthritis

tf2 is a good game that gets regularly updated and it isnt a forgetin petting zoo where the chimps that work on the game have a diet consisting of a glue based gruel and all have severe arthritis
incorrect

tf2 was a good game but the developers be sleeping like lovecraftian horrors i swear

Holy stuff, I didn't see tf2 when I first saw that title. Scared me to forgetin death.

Holy stuff, I didn't see tf2 when I first saw that title. Scared me to forgetin death.
imagine if the tf2 economy started the next global recession

update: after 19 hours valve finally took the wool out of their eyes and disabled trading + community market buying/selling for tf2 items temporarily
(and the tf2 twitter has finally made a tweet after 1 year and 4 months)
https://twitter.com/TeamFortress/status/1154830731333390337

the madman he did it

regardless of updates, it's still a good game. though this blunder is history in the making lol

ok for now they made the unusual drops from these crates untradable for the time being
https://twitter.com/TeamFortress/status/1154901584108670976

Damn, I had a couple of 82's and 85's I could have unboxxed or sold.

well boys we did it
Quote from: http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=53025
On the evening of Thursday, July 25th, a bug was introduced that allowed some older crates to grant an Unusual hat on every opening. We fixed the bug the following morning and decided to trade-lock the hats from the bugged crates while we evaluated the situation.

Over the past week, we have been discussing ways to address this situation with the goal of minimizing the impact on the TF2 community as a whole, while preserving the experience of customers who had simply opened a crate, made a trade, or purchased from the market on the 25th, unaware that a bug produced their item.

During our investigation we discovered that a small number of accounts acquired these hats and a smaller portion of those accounts acquired an exceedingly large number of them. Based on this, we've decided that if you currently own one of these Unusual hats, the first one added to your account will be made tradable. Any other Unusual you have received due to the bug will remain permanently trade locked. If you decide that you would rather not have these trade-locked hats on your account, you may instead elect a full refund on any number of them.

The number of Unusual items being made tradable represents about one month of the regular Unusual drop rate.

A few of you were concerned that you had done something wrong by opening a bugged crate, and proceeded to delete your hats. While we appreciate the concern, you didn't do anything wrong, so hats from bugged crates deleted before the tradable date will be restored to your accounts with the same restrictions described above.

Item tradability, restoration, and the refund support page will be made available in about a week's time. Refunds will be the full price paid for any hats, crates or keys bought on the Steam Community Market or Mann Co. store. We will post an update when that exact date becomes available.

We apologize for the inconvenience of this incident, and we’ve added safeguards to prevent incidents like this in the future.

tl;dr the first unusual that people unboxed is tradeable but the rest are trade-locked
in a week or so you can funnily enough get a refund for these trade-locked unusuals, and you can even get a refund for the bugged crates and the keys you purchased
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 03:11:36 AM by Keanu73 »

you made it sound like only the people who unboxed one unusual gets to have it marketable.

you made it sound like only the people who unboxed one unusual gets to have it marketable.

fixed