Did Badspot completely abandon this game?

Author Topic: Did Badspot completely abandon this game?  (Read 6019 times)

Just wondering...

who's paying for the site

who's paying for the site
okay, okay but if there's still a lot of us who are keeping the game fresh and alive with the forum and all the addons that were making then why wont he just make another update?

He did release a bug fix update 2 weeks ago.

He did release a bug fix update 2 weeks ago.
Wait really? Where dose he post that he dose that?

Wait really? Where dose he post that he dose that?
In the Developement Board.
It was the first update in almost a year.

While we're discussing updates, IIRC improved vehicle physics were "planned" after the Shadows and Shaders update. They were one of the possibilities from removing terrains and interiors for some reason. I think. Then it turned out that vehicle physics will always be forgeted since it has something to do with networking syncs or something.

Anyways, was there anything else that was said to be possible after terrains and interiors? I can't think of anything. To be honest, what would the next major update entail? First thing that springs to mind is having these and adding sideways building. But who knows if that is even possible in Torque.

Another thing, when did Badspot stop hosting his Block Party? I wonder if that coincides with the slowdown of updates.

Another thing, when did Badspot stop hosting his Block Party? I wonder if that coincides with the slowdown of updates.
He still hosts speedkart.

First thing that springs to mind is having these and adding sideways building. But who knows if that is even possible in Torque.
Sideways building was made possible in RTB 1.x that had the Editor Want that allowed you to move, rotate and scale bricks however you wanted, but that was when Blockland used DTS for bricks, not BLBs, which are faster and easier to render than DTS bricks, but at the cost of no longer being able to modify each and every brick like you used to

He still hosts speedkart.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Sideways building was made possible in RTB 1.x that had the Editor Want that allowed you to move, rotate and scale bricks however you wanted, but that was when Blockland used DTS for bricks, not BLBs, which are faster and easier to render than DTS bricks, but at the cost of no longer being able to modify each and every brick like you used to

But was that really sideways building? I'd say it was more akin to scaling things in a modeling program. With new building rules including the brick I linked, that's more of the sideways building I'm thinking of. Variations of the default bricks could be added, and only be able to be built off of bricks with studs on the sides.

Topics like this are why Badspot hates the community. Why would he even bother updating the game if all we did was bitch and moan whenever S&S came out and complain that doors and bots weren't "real updates"? Badspot tried repeatedly to make us happy with updates and all we did was stuff over them. He has no incentive, monetary or pleasure based, to update the game anymore.

I actually think bots and .blb doors are really good and useful updates :(

especially the doors since it makes making interactive bricks loving easy as piss

Why would he even bother updating the game if all we did was bitch and moan whenever S&S came out
Mostly because of how hard it was to run them on the systems we had at the time, and even to this day, the dynamic shadows are still hard to run for a small bunch of people who can't afford better hardware, so for them, they lost these big, explorable maps, and smooth, vehicle friendly terrains, in exchange for very little

and complain that doors and bots weren't "real updates"?
Who said this?

bots are freaking underrated, they’re so good compared to literally everything before

and doors opened a lot of easy ways to make door bricks and normalized using “prop-like” bricks in builds

did your mom completely abandon your vaginal juice ridden infant body?