[Item] Jar Of Dirt

Author Topic: [Item] Jar Of Dirt  (Read 8189 times)

I've never actually made an addon for blockland, whats the texture size limit and recommended tri limit?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 03:45:28 PM by beachbum111111 »

I've never actually made an addon for blockland, whats the texture size limit and recommended tri limit?
I don't think textures have a size limit (probably wrong) but the vert/poly limit is 50,000 (In my experience)

i mean you can port css models into blockland and they work fine i dont think tri limits are something you should worry about

I don't know if an engine as old and faulty as Torque can handle 4096 resolution textures, probably best to stick with 512 or lower, or 1024 if you REALLY need it, or are making ground/water textures

*clickity clickity* *BAM BAM BAM*
AUUUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

[img ]https://media1.tenor.com/images/3f72e7f8604411f02462b2d3f54bb230/tenor.gif?itemid=5547706[/img]
lol what

I don't know if an engine as old and faulty as Torque can handle 4096 resolution textures, probably best to stick with 512 or lower, or 1024 if you REALLY need it, or are making ground/water textures
4096 textures work fine, I've done it by mistake.

Does blockland support normal/height/bump mapping? I know it supports at least one of these.

Does blockland support normal/height/bump mapping? I know it supports at least one of these.
It supports none of those, terrains used height maps, but since those don't exist, height maps are now defunct (unless you're using that procedural terrain generator for ModTer bricks)

bump/normal mapping was like cutting edge back then or something? idr. but definitely torque predates mainstream use of it

leetlegacy made a 2K stud texture mod once

from my limited experiments with prints I'm pretty sure the limit is 2048

Bricks themselves us some variation of height mapping for sure for the studs.

nope just a texture
badspot's idea of specular highlights are "reflect a sun-shaped smudge on anything that is RGB 255 255 255"
that's why a texture with parts that are RGBA 0 0 0 0 and RGBA 255 255 255 0 look fine in an image editor but have gigantic non-shiny holes and looks like hot garbage with shaders