Author Topic: Anyone know how to edit rgb texture mapping  (Read 720 times)

[for bf2 texture modding] [using photoshop]

Photoshop has a 'Channels' window you can open up where you can select between the red, green, and blue channels

As for what the individual channels do is beyond me as different games and engines that use color channels like that differently
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 12:02:06 PM by Masterlegodude »

The top left is the main texture, bottom is maybe a normal map, right is either an occlusion map or a bump map if the bottom one isn't a normal map.

You probably need to play around and see what each one does. I don't think the bottom us a normal map because it can't have black valued
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 01:23:41 PM by PhantOS »

bottom is maybe a normal map
A normal map usually looks like this

That middle texture looks like what some games (or engines) would use to control the intensity of specular highlighting, cubemapping, and/or even color overlays, on a per-pixel (texel) basis

yeah I was gonna say specular map. It's anyone's guess as to what it does, it could actually be their own custom normal map system.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 02:16:39 PM by PhantOS »

yeah I was gonna say specular map. It's anyone's guess as to what it does, it could actually be their own custom normal map system.
Its EA's, im sure its their own. I've spent weeks trying to crack this and there are no answers online. Top 2 are basic texture assets and the middle represents markings applied, but editing the rgb map is loving bonkers.