Should I learn to fly helicopters

Author Topic: Should I learn to fly helicopters  (Read 1577 times)

So the other day i was sitting around and i thought about learning to fly helicopters. does anyone have any advice or knowledge on the subject?

depends on where you live it can pay really well and can be fun but it takes a while to learn

flying lessons can get very expensive very quickly. not quite sure about helicopters, but i know prop planes and cessna flying gets really pricey as you learn more and move up towards a license. i imagine helicopter flying wouldn't be much different

Just wait until 2020 when the new Microsoft Flight Simulator releases

So the other day i was sitting around and i thought about learning to fly helicopters. does anyone have any advice or knowledge on the subject?

I guess if you have a week or two free you might as well get a license right quick..

it's pretty expensive since you'll be spending an average $175 a lesson, but for that price why not learn to fly a plane? Who knows, maybe you'll be good and could even become a pilot if you're aiming for a license

yeah like everyone else stated it's not that easy but if you really want to go ahead you can probably do some cool stuff

I'd suggest trying them out in a simulator first. Rotorcraft are in general very difficult to fly and handle.

I'd suggest trying them out in a simulator first. Rotorcraft are in general very difficult to fly and handle.
ya this

pusillanimous individual

it's pretty expensive since you'll be spending an average $175 a lesson, but for that price why not learn to fly a plane? Who knows, maybe you'll be good and could even become a pilot if you're aiming for a license

Don't know what it's like in the US but the amount of hours you need to put in for your commercial license just isn't worth it.