Tier+Tactical Kai & Extras (UPDATE 1/9/2020)

Author Topic: Tier+Tactical Kai & Extras (UPDATE 1/9/2020)  (Read 11842 times)

Love it or hate it, Tier Tactical was immensely popular. This is an update for a dead pack, seven years too late. Features a multitude of bugfixes and an overhaul of the ammo system. This was sitting in development hell for far too long, so I decided to patch it up and release it before BLF forever disappears into the abyss.

Main features:
  • Fixed ammo toggle: Wanna know why T+T1 Ammo never worked? Bushido never coded it.
  • New ammo setting: Ever wanted to pretend BL was an obscure (and dead) arena shooter? Well now you can with the new "Arena" setting! Shoot that SMG for all it's worth!
  • Easter egg appreciation: Pretty much all the worthwhile easter eggs have been brought up to speed. Bow before the scoped magnum's terrible power!
  • Patched ammo system: No negative ammo or your money back! Also should mostly play nice with SetInventory and all those other weird item events.
  • New prefs: And there are a lot of prefs. Do you miss your 70 round RPG? Turn those stupid bugfixes off. Ever wanted to give yourself or your bot buddies infinite grenades? Wield an invincible riot shield? Just change your RTB (or Glass) prefs.
  • Other enhancements: Completely empty weapons no longer glitch, so no more incessant pistol clicking. Molotovs no longer spam your server like they used to. Some weird modeling errors have been fixed. Unused datablocks have been disabled. Prefs initialize correctly even if you don't use RTB or Glass. And other stuff that I forgot to note.
I've done my best to change the feel, behavior, and stats of the weapons as little as possible. The only notable exception is the SMG slowdown effect, which had a glaring bug in it. As for the code, it's still probably a frankenstein mess, but less so. Back up your copy of T+T before downloading this, as it will overwrite the files.

SHUT UP AND LEMME DOWNLOAD ALL

Special thanks to:
Bushido and Spaceguy, for the original pack
Blockland Content Creators, for answering my coding/modeling questions
Any poor saps out there who held out for a T+T update

Change log:
V3 (01/09/20):
Ammo and grenade drops on player death are now combined
Slowdown effect for SMG and similar weapons reworked (previous bugfix didn't work well)
Added prefs for SMG slowdown effect and slowing down when firing LMG
Minor bugfixes for raycasting weapons and ammo pick up
Scoped magnum moved to tier 2
Tier 2A only requires tier 1 now instead of tier 2

V2 (08/27/19):
Fixed ammo pile not giving 9mm ammo
Minor bug fix in scoped magnum animations

... but wait, there's more!
Various extras, customized to work with Kai. Balance sold separately.

Weapon_ImpactRifle.zip
As seen on Heedicalking's Siege TDM. Requires tier 1.

Weapon_Frogs_Weaponry.zip
The future of warfare, featuring hand-held vulcans and really big rocket launchers. Requires tier 1, explosive 1.

Weapon_Frogs_Weaponry_WWII.zip
Five WW2 weapons, not enough for a reenactment but oh well. Firerates of the SMGs were changed to differentiate them more. Requires Frog's Weaponry.

Weapon_ShortRifleKai.zip
Bushido's sawn-off rifle. The Kai version uses 7.08 heavy rifle rounds and can now ricochet, though direct fire has been nerfed. Since it was not originally a T+T weapon, the zip has been renamed to not overwrite the original. Requires tier 1.

Event_AddAmmoTT.zip
An event to add T+T ammo has been sorely missing, so I made one. Compatible with the new ammo types in Frog's Weaponry as well. Also capable of handling custom ammo types that use the Kai system. Requires tier 1.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 11:49:01 AM by TheViewer »

Documentation for all prefs:
Tier 1:
Name                                    Variable                                                 Type   Default  Description
Ammo System$Pref::Server::TT::Ammoint00 is T+T2 style, 1 is T+T1 style, 2 is bullet-hose classic Blockland style, 3 (new!) is arena shooter style
Display Ammo$Pref::Server::TT::DisplayAmmobooltrueWhether to show ammo bottomprint
Display Duration$Pref::Server::TT::DisplayTimeint4Time bottomprint lasts in seconds
Infinite Ammo for Bots$Pref::Server::TT::BotInfAmmoboolfalseLets bots have infinite reserve ammo
SetInventory Bugfix$Pref::Server::TT::SetInvBugfixbooltrueFixes bug where SetInventory transfers over ammo from old weapon to new one
RemoveItem Bugfix$Pref::Server::TT::RemoveItemBugfixboolfalseAttempts to remove unused ammo variables, fixing some cases where RemoveItem allows ammo of deleted weapons to carry over
Players Drop Ammo$Pref::Server::TT::PlayerAmmoDropbooltrueWhether players drop ammo on death
Bots Drop Ammo$Pref::Server::TT::BotAmmoDropboolfalseWhether bots drop ammo on death
Bots Pick Up Ammo$Pref::Server::TT::BotAmmoPickUpboolfalseWhether bots can steal your ammo drops
Pick Up Ammo When Full$Pref::Server::TT::FullAmmoPickUpboolfalseWhether you can take an ammo pick up if you don't have space for it
Disable Ammo Pickups$Pref::Server::TT::DisableAmmoItemsboolfalseDisable datablocks for ammo pickups if you don't plan to use them, requires server restart
Enable Recoil$Pref::Server::TT::RecoilbooltrueEnable screen shake effect when firing guns
Stop Anims on Death$Pref::Server::TT::DeathStopAnimsbooltrueControls whether most weapons animations play when the player is dead
Firing on Death Bugfix$Pref::Server::TT::DeathStopFiringbooltrueFixes bug where player could continue firing when dead, particularly with akimbo weapons
Remount Duplicate Items$Pref::Server::TT::RemountDupsboolfalseAllows players to make full use of duplicate items in their inventory by making it so that duplicate items do not share reloads
Disable Bullet Slowdown$Pref::Server::TT::DisableBulletSlowboolfalseDisables the slowdown effect that bullets from the SMG and similar weapons inflict
Disable Tier 1 Weapons$Pref::Server::TT::DisableTier1boolfalseYou absolute madman. Disable datablocks and ammo types from Tier 1, keeping ammo system and most prefs. Requires server restart
Always Reload (Explosive)$Pref::Server::TT::AlwaysReloadExbooltrueWhether weapons like RPG and grenade launcher always reload in all ammo modes
Always Reload (Other)$Pref::Server::TT::AlwaysReloadNonExbooltrueSame as above, but for crossbow and single shotgun
Starting Pistol Ammo$Pref::Server::TT::Start9MMint140Self-explanatory
............See server.cs for rest of Starting and Maximum ammo prefs
Maximum Pistol Ammo$Pref::Server::TT::Max9MMint280Self-explanatory
???

Tier 2:
Name                                   Variable                                              Type  Default  Description
Light MG Slow On Fire$Pref::Server::TT::LMGSlowbooltrueWhether you slow down when holding the trigger on Light MG

Explosive 1:
Name                                  Variable                                              Type  Default  Description
Display Grenade Count$Pref::Server::TT::DisplayNadesbooltrueWhether to show grenade bottomprint
Players Drop Grenades$Pref::Server::TT::PlayerNadeDropbooltrueWhether players drop grenades on death
Bots Drop Grenades$Pref::Server::TT::BotNadeDropboolfalseWhether bots drop ammo on death
Infinite Grenades for Players$Pref::Server::TT::PlayerInfNadesboolfalseSelf-explanatory
Infinite Grenades for Bots$Pref::Server::TT::BotInfNadesboolfalseSelf-explanatory
Clear Unusable Grenades$Pref::Server::TT::RemoveOnNoNadesboolfalseRemove grenade item from inventory when a player runs out
Disable Grenade Pickups$Pref::Server::TT::DisableNadePickupsboolfalseStop grenade bag from showing in item list, requires server restart
Disable Explosive 1 Weapons$Pref::Server::TT::DisableExplosive1boolfalseDisable datablocks from Explosive 1, requires server restart
Molotov Friendly Fire Override$Pref::Server::TT::MolNadeTeamkillboolfalseWhether molotov can deal reduced damage to Slayer teammates regardless of friendly fire setting. Killing teammates still counts as teamkill
Molotov Targeting Bugfix$Pref::Server::TT::MolNadeTargetBugfixbooltrueFixes bug where each molotov fire can only damage one player at a time
Starting Conc' Grenades$Pref::Server::TT::StartFragNadesint4Self-explanatory
Max Conc' Grenades$Pref::Server::TT::MaxFragNadesint4Self-explanatory

Melee 2:
Name                                    Variable                                                 Type   Default  Description
Riot Shield Durability$Pref::Server::TT::ShieldDurabilityint20How many projectiles riot shield can block before breaking. -1 for infinite
Riot Shield Stops Falls$Pref::Server::TT::ShieldCancelFallingboolfalseWhether pointing riot shield vaguely at impact surface can save players from physics
Riot Shield Breaks for Bots$Pref::Server::TT::ShieldBreakBotbooltrueFixes bug where riot shield wouldn't break for bots

Medical 1:
Teams Can Heal Enemies$Pref::Server::TT::MedicHealEnemyboolfalseWhether players can heal people outside of allied Slayer teams
Can Heal Bots$Pref::Server::TT::MedicHealBotsboolfalseWhether bots can be healed

Frog's Weaponry:
Starting 21 Gauge Ammo$Pref::Server::TT::Start21Gaugeint36Self-explanatory
Max 21 Gauge Ammo$Pref::Server::TT::Max21Gaugeint72Self-explanatory
Vulcan Is Deployable$Pref::Server::FW::VulcanDeploybooltrueEnables right-click to deploy vulcan bipod
Vulcan Slows On Spin Up$Pref::Server::FW::VulcanSlowbooltrueWhether spinning up the vulcan slows you down
Payload Launcher Slows$Pref::Server::FW::PayloadSlowbooltrueWhether taking out the payload launcher slows you down
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 03:28:01 PM by TheViewer »

dude hell yes

bushido packs getting facelifts/completion is hella nice to see

omg clearing useless grenade item?? ammo prefs no longer completely nonfunctional??? holy stuff holy stuff
amazing. would be a little extra amazing if some brave soul went in and did god's work and made bushido's aborted fetus of a pump shotgun less of an eyesore, especially in first person (unless you already did that)
but still super amazing. props. now if someone could do as much as an ultra facelift to another super broken but very popular item (wink wink super megaclunk cloak and dagger that has never been replaced by a better one wink wink)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 01:19:26 AM by maxymax13 »

dude hell yes

bushido packs getting facelifts/completion is hella nice to see

ok scratch that

holy forget those are a ton of prefs

that instantly catapults this into god tier update

ok i just checked it out and busted another 5 nuts
so many rtb prefs i wish this was on glass so everyone autoupdates to this ownage
conan did it with the adventure pack although that one wasn't as common as t+t
but c'mon, t+t has super broken prefs, it makes sense to make people auto update
this is awesome
although bug: ammo pile doesn't give me ammo in arena mode
the individual ammo pickups work tho
also, trying to altfire the combat shotgun with 1 ammo just kinda makes it pump twice
could you maybe make the sawn-off rifle as an extra rifle skin? ofc not the normal weapon since its super op but like, the model

also, none of the easter egg weapons are showing up? how do i make the game exec them?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 03:04:48 AM by maxymax13 »

Do the guns have different characteristics now? Or is there only one shotgun still and then four reskins of it that change little save maybe increasing ammo by 1-2?

Either way can appreciate the immense effort.

although bug: ammo pile doesn't give me ammo in arena mode
also, trying to altfire the combat shotgun with 1 ammo just kinda makes it pump twice
could you maybe make the sawn-off rifle as an extra rifle skin? ofc not the normal weapon since its super op but like, the model

also, none of the easter egg weapons are showing up? how do i make the game exec them?
Oops ammo pile wasn't giving 9mm ammo. Will fix soon.
Combat shotgun altfire originally did that with a little jam noise, so I left it in.
I don't really plan to add any more new stuff (if it didn't already use T+T ammo) to this release.
Sorry, looks like I left easter eggs commented out. If no one really cares about easter egg hunting, and I can go ahead and reupload with easter eggs enabled.
Do the guns have different characteristics now? Or is there only one shotgun still and then four reskins of it that change little save maybe increasing ammo by 1-2?

Either way can appreciate the immense effort.
I set out to not change characteristics, mostly for my own sanity, and also because it would take a lot of multiplayer tweaking to get right. Pretty much all different characteristic guns can be found in only the four main tiers. All skins save for a few are going to be very similar. If what you mean is something like Pump Shotgun vs. Combat Shotgun, then yeah it's a fair criticism.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 11:37:26 AM by TheViewer »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 12:30:59 PM by Boomsticks Alt »

the slam shotgun exec exists in the T2A but its .cs is nowhere to be found, was this deleted or what
also there's a cool rad OHK weapon in this

why are there files for a retro Raygun in the explosive package 2 zip but no cs to load it in?