[Blender Plugin] Blockland Save Importer (for 2.8)

Author Topic: [Blender Plugin] Blockland Save Importer (for 2.8)  (Read 8480 times)

Update on the texture problem:

So I plan on using these nodes for the materials to make textures go from this:

To this:

However, there's an issue with this: if I try it with side textures longer than a single stud, it comes out like this:

Same issue with bottom loop textures:

Any suggestions on what to do? I was thinking about creating separate materials for each side of the bottom loop faces but I don't know about the side faces.

Also I updated the add-on to properly use collections & fix the weird character for bricks with special characters in them (ex. ramp bricks), the importer now creates a collection named after the save file, links every object it creates to the collection & looks for bricks with in the name and properly replaces it with °.

The brickSIDE texture extends across the whole face rather than looping along the face by being restricted to the bounds of the texture's resolution, so that may be an easier fix than the bottomEDGE texture, which seems like an alignment issue and the UV mesh not being rotated with the 3D mesh, however, i know nothing about coding stuff for Blender, let alone Python, so i can't be of much help here

The actual bottomLOOP appears to be working fine though

The brickSIDE texture extends across the whole face rather than looping along the face by being restricted to the bounds of the texture's resolution, so that may be an easier fix than the bottomEDGE texture, which seems like an alignment issue and the UV mesh not being rotated with the 3D mesh, however, i know nothing about coding stuff for Blender, let alone Python, so i can't be of much help here

The actual bottomLOOP appears to be working fine though
I'm led to believe the UV faces not rotating for the bottomEDGE textures in the import process are the problem, thing is I have to find a way to select the specific face I want to fix in Python and that is aaaaaa
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 10:19:57 AM by Ahead »

Is this still going? I'm still wondering about print support, mainly because i want to convert builds like this to other games.

As well as DTS brick support. You see, i had made these certain "bricks" on my server which basically used the JVS system. I mainly used it for things like traffic lights, certain interiors and buildings, and stuff of that nature.

This can possibly work by having the prints/dts bricks placed into special folders, in which the add-on would scan for said things in the folders in the BLS file, and place them according to the file.
I'm not trying to be annoying or anything, i was just wondering if this was possible.