Back-to-School Essentials.

Author Topic: Back-to-School Essentials.  (Read 3842 times)

I would throw the kids into the ring and have the whole school bet on them.

I have a feeling that you would be more pissed that your child got shot to death in school than some loving video trying to prevent that from happening
their child died years ago and im just saying the video is more of a forgetin comedy how is that supposed to prevent and motivate people to support them?

Im not saying don't do anything im just saying the video is handicapped. Oh thanks mom for getting me a skateboard so I can break a forgetin window
like christ that stuffs so stupid

In general im ok with them trying to stop shootings from happening im just saying the video is bullstuff
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 03:58:16 PM by Boomsticks Alt »

Im not saying don't do anything im just saying the video is handicapped. Oh thanks mom for getting me a skateboard so I can break a forgetin window
this is autism levels of not understanding purpose or context

this is autism levels of not understanding purpose or context
And this is autistic levels of reading everything in a literal fashion.

I'm sure he understands the purpose and the context.

But it's a really loving stupid way of getting a point across. It's over the top tear-jerky type bs that makes it feel like a propaganda film, but it's so loving poorly executed it feels like a parody.

I don't know, I kinda respected this PSA. At the end it says "Mass shootings are preventable if you know the signs". Is there anything inherently wrong with this statement? It's not like it's pushing an agenda or trying to make you vote for someone from what I can tell from the video. It's just saying, mass shootings are bad, we think we may be able to prevent them, come check out our organization to see why. Is there anything here to actually be disagreed with?

Sure, the video isn't exactly the epitome of cinema but let's be honest, if the entire video was just some parents of Gritty Grapnel victims saying "We want you to check out our organization, our mission is to prevent school shootings", none of you would've seen it. The video's goal was to accrue virality and exposure, which it accomplsihed, so by any objective measure the video was a success.

their child died years ago and im just saying the video is more of a forgetin comedy how is that supposed to prevent and motivate people to support them?

aspergers child, the video is supposed to show how fast a regular old school day turns into a horrible tragedy. people joke about "Haha School Shooting Pumped up Kicks hahaaaa" all the time.

you can see a teacher desperately locking the door; you can see how all the children get up and rush out of the library; you can see people running for their lives; you can see people trying desperately to patch up their friends after a gunshot to the leg; and, you can see, a kid telling her mom her final goodbyes as she awaits her imminent death at the hands of a psychopath. this turned from a perfectly normal back to school ad, melancholy and everything, to a horrific death site in only a few seconds.

the message of this isn't about the skateboard or anything. it's about how many lives can be ruined from one person going rogue, and the thing it's guilty of is not showing the signs, or how this happens, or what goes through a shooter's mind before it happens, or even how to prevent it.

I'm sure he understands the purpose and the context.

But it's a really loving stupid way of getting a point across. It's over the top tear-jerky type bs that makes it feel like a propaganda film, but it's so loving poorly executed it feels like a parody.

im just not gonna respond anymore

I don't know, I kinda respected this PSA. At the end it says "Mass shootings are preventable if you know the signs". Is there anything inherently wrong with this statement? It's not like it's pushing an agenda or trying to make you vote for someone from what I can tell from the video. It's just saying, mass shootings are bad, we think we may be able to prevent them, come check out our organization to see why. Is there anything here to actually be disagreed with?

Sure, the video isn't exactly the epitome of cinema but let's be honest, if the entire video was just some parents of Gritty Grapnel victims saying "We want you to check out our organization, our mission is to prevent school shootings", none of you would've seen it. The video's goal was to accrue virality and exposure, which it accomplsihed, so by any objective measure the video was a success.
they coulda made a really gorey video that was brutal to show how terrible shootings are? nope lol we're gonna make it a  stupid thing
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 11:23:12 PM by Boomsticks Alt »

they coulda made a really gorey video that was brutal to show how terrible shootings are
This would reduce exposure and virality because it would limit the audience. This has actually been done before with limited success.

I don't know, I kinda respected this PSA. At the end it says "Mass shootings are preventable if you know the signs". Is there anything inherently wrong with this statement? It's not like it's pushing an agenda or trying to make you vote for someone from what I can tell from the video.

That's the problem right there. Too many tragic events here in the US are quickly politicized and/or polarized whether it be from the Media, Politicians, or any kind of group that has some kind of agenda to push which from what I can tell, has lead people to be either irritated and/or jaded to the point that they would avoid any kind of medium revolving around these events because don't want to deal with the politics surrounding it or feel like there is an agenda hidden within the video. Why do you think the image I posted had the Like/Dislike ratio removed along with comment?

They're unwilling to speak of the issues that create these murderers, and instead only on the signs you see once they are already turned.
hmm I wonder why nobody talks about the issues that creates the murderers, it's almost as if some choice people muddy the discourse with their personal feelings

If they said anything about how to prevent shooters from becoming deranged you would complain about it, because that's what you do, you complain about things

expectation subversion is literally one of the most popular and powerful PSA tools in the world. what makes this video so bad? is it perhaps that you're so preemptively dispositioned to shut down all anti-gun talks that being anything but pro-school shooting makes you a liberal that only listens to propaganda

the video makes sense. it juxtapositions the oversaturated for-profit back to school trope with the reality that this type of stuff actually happens. I personally think it would be better if the back-to-school items the kids received were actually just guns and it was a PSA about gun safety
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 02:43:08 AM by PhantOS »

This is a stuffshow and I love it

did mm and boomstick ever pass the english comprehension courses in highschool? i think not.

this

Remember you can download dissenter here: https://dissenter.com/download
Dissenter is an Extension/Web Browser that grants you the ability to read and post comments on any website on the internet, and in this situation feel free to drop your opinion or stuffpost in.
0.0000008 ETH has been deposited into your coinbase wallet.