Man raises 1 million dollars for charity, gets life destroyed by Journalist

Author Topic: Man raises 1 million dollars for charity, gets life destroyed by Journalist  (Read 6600 times)

https://youtu.be/zeiZFR7T-4w

Not much to say, just read the title and watch the video.

alternatively he destroyed his own life and journalists were there to cover it

doing good deeds doesn't excuse you from bad ones, even if its in the past

you cant escape your own actions that easily (except maybe if you're actually rich, cause then people's opinions don't matter cause you don't depend on others to hire you or license your name or whatever)

you cant escape your own actions that easily (except maybe if you're actually rich, cause then people's opinions don't matter cause you don't depend on others to hire you or license your name or whatever)

He said edgy words as a teen, so obviously his life should be ruined the instant he does an insanely good deed.

good lord that video is horrible lol

how do people watch these kind of videos?

you cant escape your own actions that easily
Raising $1,000,000 for a children's hospital is easy?

???
in his entire video, he spent seven minutes and 56 seconds either a) going onto tangents about news companies and journalists, or b) making richardloads of lazy brown townogies. in a 14:35 video for which I had generous discretion, that's just loving dumb. based on his like/dislike ratio he obviously has a fairly agreeable audience, but he's just preaching to the choir (he called journalists "disgusting" at least ten times through the video, I stopped counting) for some easy attention
tim referenced crowder several times in the video and clearly idolizes him, and while I think that crowder is a stupid person with terrible influence and ridiculous viewpoints, he is good at presenting facts in a good manner. this guy tim seriously isn't--he spent over half of his video talking absolute fluff when he didn't even tell the full story. it's absurd to both watch this guy and constantly preach about how the media is describing only half-truths in an effort to push their agenda
I completely understand that a youtube journalist needs a solid amount of content to fill a story--especially conservative ones--but instead of making his fifteenth video on sarah loving jeong (who we all know is a complete joke) he could've maybe...discussed the content of the tweets? he didn't once even mention what calvin had said except for yashar ali's comment of it being "tribal and hypocritical," or he could've discussed how others are responding to the matter on twitter and news outlets. NOT TO MENTION the fact that he seriously just straight-up said that he wouldn't even read the register's address. reading it myself there were some pretty loving easy rebuttals to be made about it, the register is clearly filled with richardless local bloggers living in a third rate motel.
needless to say, anybody that wears a beanie for the six videos they're pumping out per day isn't worth caring about

regarding the content, it makes me happy to see calvin catching stuff as much as he is. his hypocrisy and brashness to hunt down whatever story he could get out of king really shows how much of a stuffty character he is. however, if you say stupid things in your past you should stay mindful of it and picking a singular victim in a story like this is hypocritical in itself

if quoting a tosh.0 skit on twitter when you were 16 years old is considered a bad action we’re all forgeted lol. people say and do stupid stuff when they’re teenagers, and clearly the dude(WHO HAS RAISED OVER A MILLION forgetIN DOLLARS FOR CHARITY) has grown up.

good lord that video is horrible lol
Pool’s videos on this sort of subject have declined in quality because frankly i think he’s slowly getting broken because of how A: Journalism has turned from reporting factual information to giving ones(often partisan) opinion on an issue(I have friends in the journalism dpt at my school, it’s being taught this way now) and B:people are using it to destroy innocent people’s lives. As for not showing or saying certain things in videos, that’s because of youtube and him not wanting to get banned
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 10:42:58 PM by Grimlock² »

Raising $1,000,000 for a children's hospital is easy?
its a joke thing that went out of hand cause of internet stuff. like that one guy who was raising money to make a potato salad and getting $300k (or some absurd amount of money), then hosted a party and donated the majority of money to charity

its not like its nothing, but dont attribute the whims of the internet/society to his personal character/actions. clearly the million dollars nor any of his efforts to raise it is not enough to offset his prior stuff in mass media. all he did was hold up a sign, then after getting more money than expected said hed donate it to charity...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 10:40:30 PM by Conan »

This story was the final straw for me to get one of those old tweet deleters. I don’t think I’ve ever tweeted anything intentionally terrible but I’d rather be safe than sorry, something new becomes offensive every day and things said 5-6 years ago can easily be taken out of context
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 10:47:08 PM by Grimlock² »