Linux is absolute trash, and the community is made up of entitled liars.

Author Topic: Linux is absolute trash, and the community is made up of entitled liars.  (Read 6245 times)

imagine master matthew being right about something

Hey phant, how's the kids?
still fake. somehow realer than linux's usefulness

still fake. somehow realer than linux's usefulness
PhantOS, I appreciate your dedication to your opinion.
I'm not being sarcastic, I man that wholeheartedly. You are very dedicated to your beliefs and your thoughts, and you have every right to be.

I have nothing against you, and honestly I don't entirely disagree that there are many problems with Linux, or that people abuse the crap out of some features (Though you can't in any meaningful way say they don't do the same on other OS's).
Even now, there are things in Linux that I have to deal with that make me want to punch a child, but even if presented with the choice of any system, I would still choose it, as it is better suits me and my work, than any other system. On top of that, and in spite of it's issues, I still find it fun to work with. Being ably to pull it apart like Lego bricks and do whatever I want, is an incredible privilege that no other system can give, and gives power and insight into the system unlike anything else.

You can have you thoughts, your opinions, and your beliefs. I wont fault you for that.
You can even argue all you want. The only thing I ask is that you let others form their own opinions (As Mathew evidently has).
Don't discourage people from trying anything. Let them try Linux if they want to and decide for themselves. Don't actively condemn anyone (For any reason really, not just their choice of OS).
I can't stop you from doing anything, but I can ask kindly as a human being. (And no I wont be offended if you shoot me down and berate me for it. I hardly expect anyone on here to be reasonable, but it never hurts to try.)

dude I really think you’re blowing which os people are using way out of proportion lol

PhantOS, I appreciate your dedication to your opinion.
I'm not being sarcastic, I man that wholeheartedly. You are very dedicated to your beliefs and your thoughts, and you have every right to be.

I have nothing against you, and honestly I don't entirely disagree that there are many problems with Linux, or that people abuse the crap out of some features (Though you can't in any meaningful way say they don't do the same on other OS's).
Even now, there are things in Linux that I have to deal with that make me want to punch a child, but even if presented with the choice of any system, I would still choose it, as it is better suits me and my work, than any other system. On top of that, and in spite of it's issues, I still find it fun to work with. Being ably to pull it apart like Lego bricks and do whatever I want, is an incredible privilege that no other system can give, and gives power and insight into the system unlike anything else.

You can have you thoughts, your opinions, and your beliefs. I wont fault you for that.
You can even argue all you want. The only thing I ask is that you let others form their own opinions (As Mathew evidently has).
Don't discourage people from trying anything. Let them try Linux if they want to and decide for themselves. Don't actively condemn anyone (For any reason really, not just their choice of OS).
I can't stop you from doing anything, but I can ask kindly as a human being. (And no I wont be offended if you shoot me down and berate me for it. I hardly expect anyone on here to be reasonable, but it never hurts to try.)
I'm too lazy to really say anything cuz I'm on mobile but for the record most of my opinions on Linux are directed towards the userbase and not the operating system itself. after using a headless Linux server a bit I guess I can understand why it's pretty popular. It's just one big backend and as a modder I love having the most control over development at the lower levels
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 05:04:21 PM by PhantOS »

How do you forget up installing Ubuntu? I was able to dual boot it easy on my laptop 7 years ago and it never wiped itself at any point.

I have a UNIX/Linux class and I still haven't gotten it to work on my personal computer with VMBox

I think we can all agree Linux fanboys are handicaps. But honestly fanboys of anything are idiots.

I have a UNIX/Linux class and I still haven't gotten it to work on my personal computer with VMBox

I never had an issue installing Ubuntu back in 2011-2012. I can't imagine that the process has gotten harder.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 05:24:34 PM by beachbum111111 »

These are how OS's go for me
Windows is pretty much the go to right now
Mac is a really mixed opinion for me, it's real specific for some people
Linux is for programming nerds
Everything else besides TempleOS is irrelevant

I think we can all agree Linux fanboys are handicaps. But honestly fanboys of anything are idiots.
agreed

linux is not intended for the average user, or even the above average user. unless you intend to make yourself far above the norm in terms of understanding how operating systems work, configuration, and the like, linux is not for you.

the only other case you'd ever use linux without being a massive nerd is when setting up dedicated servers for data brown townytics or games or whatever. in those cases you can usually just follow a guide someone else put together and not have to figure out stuff.

mac is a weird amalgamation of linux, windows, and steve jobs into one. it has a lot of support for customizing stuff like linux (and is also pretty clean when it comes to files/registry/etc), ease of usability like windows, but also a lot of restrictions and choices that dont fit either windows or linux (eg dropping all 32 bit support in the latest/next version of their main os).
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 05:25:56 PM by Conan »

I'm too lazy to really say anything cuz I'm on mobile but for the record most of my opinions on Linux are directed towards the userbase and not the operating system itself
Overgeneralizing can be just as harmful. You shouldn't let whatever handful of experiences you've had with the Linux userbase determine your opinion of it as a whole.
After all, my desktop looks nothing like many of the complaints you made last time, and I personally haven't seen a anyone actually using a system that cluttered (at least not sense about 2008).
Besides, things can't get better if you wont let them.

I've had my Linux break a lot back when I used Fedora, Ubuntu and Arch.
Mint on the other hand is pretty stable and I would suggest it to all beginners
BTW did you dual boot Xubuntu with Windows? if so that could be the problem too, I've had windows forget my linux partitions over and over.