Good way to learn linux/Bash (and rant)

Author Topic: Good way to learn linux/Bash (and rant)  (Read 3350 times)

the only Linux distro I've used that doesn't suck with the GUI is ElementaryOS. I used to have it on my laptop, good every-day use Linux if you're not a gamer or power user

cuz like windows got the user-friendliness down so good at this point it actually surprises me how loving dumb linux devs are at making UIs
programmer art is a caliber of its own. too much big brain will screw with how you see the world compared to the average user.

the only Linux distro I've used that doesn't suck with the GUI is ElementaryOS. I used to have it on my laptop, good every-day use Linux if you're not a gamer or power user
Anything with Cinnamon or MATE is pretty good if you want a Windows feel.

It's pretty easy to give Cinnamon a Windows 7/10 feel.
If you looked at my desktop in passing, or if you  didn't know better, you might just think I was using a custom theme on Windows.
XFCE isn't bad either, though it's e bit harder to work with at times, in terms of UI flexibility.

I miss GNOME 2 though. It was light, and I remember it being enough like Windows that it was easy to learn (Or rearrange into something more familiar.) I haven't really given GNOME 3  enough of a chance to pass my judgements, but it hasn't been a great experience whenever I've tried.
KDE is a different story entirely. And don't even try Bodhi and it's Moksha desktop. I tried it on an old laptop for a couple months, and it made me want to strangle a cat.
LXDE is okay if you want something brutally lightweight. It's user experience is kind of awful, but holy crap is it light.

forget every os except windows xp, i still use it can play about 5% of games, still more than most linux os's

forget every os except windows xp, i still use it can play about 5% of games, still more than most linux os's
I can easily play 90%+ of my Steam library, and Lutris exists.
The "doesn't run games" argument has been invalid for some time now.

this has been untrue for like a year now

valve has made leaps and bounds with proton

same, but after thinking about it i think on like a frequency basis i have more problems come up with windows

like every single time i try to build a program using cmake or whatever it always just finds some way to explode horribly b/c of some weird dependency that it didn't fill correctly or some PATH variable that wasn't correctly set. linux is for sure a much better programming environment than the experiences i've had with windows
This
the only problem ive had with programming (Python) on windows was forgetting to set up the PATH variable
But then again, I've only programmed in Python

Btw why is making a linear regression so loving hard holy stuff
just let me type data['numbers'].linearresgression() or some stuff and have some build in library figure it out for my why is this not included in pandas im triggered

This
the only problem ive had with programming (Python) on windows was forgetting to set up the PATH variable
But then again, I've only programmed in Python

Btw why is making a linear regression so loving hard holy stuff
just let me type data['numbers'].linearresgression() or some stuff and have some build in library figure it out for my why is this not included in pandas im triggered
scipy my dude