[BREAKING NEWS] Multiple Injuries reported after school shooting in California

Author Topic: [BREAKING NEWS] Multiple Injuries reported after school shooting in California  (Read 6848 times)

So what legislation would've prevented this?

The legislation everyone's repeated in this thread 30 times. 16 year olds are not allowed to have handguns, which means he got it off someone who was being negligent with their firearm. This is frustratingly easy to prevent, it would just appear that some gun owners are dogmatically stupid and need a little more motivation to keep track of their weapons.

legislation that makes it harder for kids to get guns in the first place (aka, require guns to be locked/punish people who let minors have access to guns without the minor having a license). dont pretend it’s inevitable some kids are gonna shoot up schools. kids aren’t naturally murderers nor naturally have access to guns.

It's not inevitable but trying to force people to lock their guns up bc some handicapped kids decide to murder people is handicapped

Or are you going to start wearing a chastity belt to prevent rape? How do we know someone's not gonna use your richard to forget someone?

on top of robots post explaining why the regulation would be good, here are a couple brown townogous laws that are less about enforcement and more about "if we catch you, you face some serious punishment/fines":
-car insurance, driving without a license
-purchasing alcohol for minors

its not like the cops stop every car or stalk adults who buy alcohol to see if they break the law. its about setting a potential punishment so people follow the law to avoid the chance of being caught not following it.

Usually driving without a license or buying minors alcohol is dangerous and can cause damage. Now you can say "well, making sure your kids cant get your guns is a way to limit damage" but it also can cause damage if a person needed to get the gun in a hurry. Lots of deaths happen when an intruder is already in the bedroom. A cop will give you a ticket/arrest you if they see you doing said crimes, as most of these crimes happen in public. An officer will not see your gun on your nightstand in your own house. If you tote guns around the house anyway; its a good reason to teach your kids about gun safety, even if you don't own a gun. If your child shot up a school then possibly, maybe, somewhere down the line, you failed as a parent.

It's not inevitable but trying to force people to lock their guns up bc some handicapped kids decide to murder people is handicapped

Nobody is going to force anybody to lock their guns up, instead send them to jail for death resulting from their pigheaded negligence. I don't know what kind of mental backflip is required to arrive at the conclusion that being a danger to yourself and people around you is a protected right.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 04:52:32 PM by Robot »

What's with this fixation on home invasions? When I lived in the most dangerous police precinct in Atlanta, my guns never left my control for a minute in the 4 years I lived there. If you're that worried about a home invasion, carry it on you, don't leave it around the house where it's actually a liability in a real home invasion.
Guns don't really feel good on my hip when I'm sleeping. Also I'd love to conceal carry it wherever I go but the democratic party made sure that that was a no-no. Delaware also has a pretty awful way of applying for a CCW. Also, personal experience of 'not getting robbed' does not translate to other people including me.

My only gun out of the safe is my bedside rifle. In a real home invasion, thats the room where I will most likely be in.

My only gun out of the safe is my bedside rifle. In a real home invasion, thats the room where I will most likely be in.

It's always where you'll most likely be until you're not. If there is someone between you and your unlocked gun, whether it's a home invader or a toddler, you are no longer in control of your gun. If you're not in control of your gun you are a negligent gun owner. If you can't take it where you're going, lock it in the glovebox. It takes 30 seconds to swap out your bedside gun for your carry gun in the morning. There are no excuses.

It's always where you'll most likely be until you're not. If there is someone between you and your unlocked gun, whether it's a home invader or a toddler, you are no longer in control of your gun. If you're not in control of your gun you are a negligent gun owner. If you can't take it where you're going, lock it in the glovebox. It takes 30 seconds to swap out your bedside gun for your carry gun in the morning. There are no excuses.
If I'm not in my room I'm in the bathroom. If I'm somewhere else in the house and I can actively hear someone trying to break in, I'm conscious enough to go to my bedroom.

The only securely locked safe is in my basement which is filled to the brim. So much so that I bought another safe and its filled with ammo and I still can't fit another rifle. It is however hidden enough to the point where I'm willing to take my chances in the regard of someone finding it other than myself. If you can give me the money for a big enough safe that can be mounted to the floor, sure I'd love to buy one

I really don't care. A guy sitting in his room alone all day next to his rifle is not the concern here. If you think you're safe from a home intruder because you only use two rooms in your house, more power to you. I'm talking about normal people with kids or room/housemates who may or may not have lawful access to firearms. This regulation could go through and it would not affect you in any way shape or form.

However if for whatever reason a kid managed to get a hold of your rifle and blows someone away at his school with it, and your excuse is you bought a rifle but couldn't afford to lock it up, you should go to jail.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 08:30:04 PM by Robot »

everything litty i love when its hot turn up the city i  broke of the notch

Usually driving without a license or buying minors alcohol is dangerous and can cause damage. Now you can say "well, making sure your kids cant get your guns is a way to limit damage" but it also can cause damage if a person needed to get the gun in a hurry. Lots of deaths happen when an intruder is already in the bedroom. A cop will give you a ticket/arrest you if they see you doing said crimes, as most of these crimes happen in public. An officer will not see your gun on your nightstand in your own house. If you tote guns around the house anyway; its a good reason to teach your kids about gun safety, even if you don't own a gun. If your child shot up a school then possibly, maybe, somewhere down the line, you failed as a parent.
you can make the same argument of "breaking the law may be safer" for driving without a license - maybe everyone else is incapacitated at the bar and you forgot your license at home. honestly, go the ahead then, its safer for everyone even if technically illegal. but its unlikely the chances of experiencing a home invasion is higher than your kid taking your weapon, and even if it was, you simply invest in quick-open locks or only unlock your gun at night and keep it next to you before you go to sleep, and lock it up while you're away from home and not carrying it.

you're using a lot of "what if" scenarios that dont really apply - anyone whos really concerned with a home invasion can still comply with a lock-up law, or choose not to if they arent at any risk of kids taking their weapon. like an adult buying alcohol, if you not locking up your weapon doesnt significantly increase the possibility of a kid taking your weapon (ie, you dont have any kids in your house) then theres absolutely no problem and the law would not affect you.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 12:33:20 AM by Conan »

We need to allow unrestricted access to guns

if everyone has a gun nobody has a gun

just sayin if i had a full auto mp5sd without shelling out cash to the govt to maybe let me have it i would never be sad again

you take away a gun and somebody is gonna find a new weapon to use

you take away a gun and somebody is gonna find a new weapon to use
much harder to cause mass damage with just a knife, esp as a kid.