Author Topic: Age of Dungeons (1.1) - A multiplayer RPG dungeon crawler  (Read 8189 times)

... strange. I was able to connect just fine last night, but as of today, I keep getting disconnected with a cryptic error message: (Mis)

Google led me here: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=322346.0

not sure what i could have possibly done to cause it, but now i can't get in. and when it did work (once), my entire blockland client crashed after opening a door on floor 2. since then, i get dropped about 1/3 of the way through loading datablocks with the same "(Mis)" error message.

let me know if there's any information i can get you. i haven't installed any new addons or... done anything (including joining other servers), really, since i joined the server for the first time last night. after a quick test though, it seems this server's the only one i can no longer connect to
This is a blockland networking bug and can happen on any server that has custom animated playertypes with dsq sequences. Basically, the faster you are getting packets from the server, the more like this bug is to occur. Due to how fast packets work, the game will try to send you packets much much faster if you have a low ping. So ironically, having a very low ping can make this bug extremely likely to occur. You can try to evade it by artificially increasing your ping by downloading a large file while in the datablock loading phase. Once you have spawned in the server, there is no longer any need to worry about this error.

Also note: runtime errors are completely unrelated to this issue. Some people keep spreading misinformation that these (Mis) errors are related to the runtime errors that can happen during gameplay, but this is completely incorrect.

This is a blockland networking bug and can happen on any server that has custom animated playertypes with dsq sequences. Basically, the faster you are getting packets from the server, the more like this bug is to occur. Due to how fast packets work, the game will try to send you packets much much faster if you have a low ping. So ironically, having a very low ping can make this bug extremely likely to occur. You can try to evade it by artificially increasing your ping by downloading a large file while in the datablock loading phase. Once you have spawned in the server, there is no longer any need to worry about this error.

Also note: runtime errors are completely unrelated to this issue. Some people keep spreading misinformation that these (Mis) errors are related to the runtime errors that can happen during gameplay, but this is completely incorrect.

thanks for the info! i'll keep this in mind.

edit: for anyone experiencing this error, pulling up a youtube video seems to work for me. :v
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 11:58:45 AM by Remurr »

aod seemed more fun/less dead and more looked forward to when only hosted on the weekends, just my opinion though

so this is where all the players have been going

so this is where all the players have been going
Well some, but I just took it down again yesterday so you'll probably not see it until this summer when I make another big update.

my snake church was never used :(