why is blockland not on sale?

Author Topic: why is blockland not on sale?  (Read 4528 times)

nice stuffty screenshot dipstuff, stop lying to people
here's what the actual game population looks like

Hosts like Gothboy and DBG2 don't inspire much confidence in the game's future

I want to see mrdoodoo's love cards in basement

Hosts like Gothboy and DBG2 don't inspire much confidence in the game's future
Gothboy actually hosts quality servers imo. if you're concerned for the future of blockland then tearing down people who still host servers is not the way to go.

Gothboy actually hosts quality servers imo. if you're concerned for the future of blockland then tearing down people who still host servers is not the way to go.
unless they're merps

the game isn't dead but you can't sit here and pretend like 20 players daily is healthy for this game.

Blockland in its prime had over 300 daily.

the game isn't dead but you can't sit here and pretend like 20 players daily is healthy for this game.

Blockland in its prime had over 300 daily.
the game is 15 loving years old what do you expect

When badspot releases perennial he should honestly just make blockland F2P at that point

the game is 15 loving years old what do you expect
Age doesn't matter when games like Roblox and Garry's Mod are still going strong

Blockland's problem is the development gradually slowing to what is a near halt by now because Badspot stopped caring and had better things to do

Roblox and Garry's Mod are still going because of an active development team that occasionally adds new content, fixes, quality of life stuff, engine changes, engine upgrades even

Blockland did some of that for a while, and it was great, but then that slowed up, then the game got released on Steam, to an audience entirely unfamiliar with it, how it worked, and with no way of knowing how to mod the game, that it could even be modded, and where to get those mods due to the lack of Workshop integration

Besides that, this game's engine is so old, crusty, and finicky, that it gave content creators only so much to work with, so by this point, a lot of people have just lost the patience and the drive it takes to make content for this game, especially if you're trying to make something new or revolutionary

This game could have been going still if Badspot pulled a Notch/Garry Newman way earlier on and handed development over to a group of people while there was still a lively community to pick from, but even then, due to Blockland's custom systems like the Octree and authentication keys, we would be still be stuck with this old engine anyway unless a group of people wanted to attempt to port the game to Torque 3D with it's systems intact or completely reworked

So i guess for those reasons you could say that Blockland was doomed from the get go then, but who knows, maybe if there was an actual team of developers, maybe there could have been some actual headway toward porting this game to an engine that didn't suck so bad

It's things like this that we have Brickadia to look forward to, a brick building sandbox game that runs on a competent engine being developed by a team of Blockland veterans and experienced coders who would know what's best for the game

Blockland could have been great, it had so much potential, but this is just where awful game engines and an uncaring developer gets you

Roblox has 55 million a month.

Blockland gets a peak of 60 players a day making that about 1800 players a month and I guarantee about 98% of them are old players not new.

then the game got released on Steam, to an audience entirely unfamiliar with it, how it worked, and with no way of knowing how to mod the game, that it could even be modded, and where to get those mods due to the lack of Workshop integration

Don't forget the blockland steam forum admins covered the entire front page with stickied topics telling them to forget off and ask their questions to the main blockland forum,

And since blockland forums requires a key to join that pretty much discouraged potential new buyers lol

>game is dead
>78 players on rn
>hmmmm

That's pretty awful. When I originally joined there was consistently over 300-500 players at any time of the day.

The playercount has unfortunately been decreasing since, seeing it under 100 players is a shock to be honest.

You people are indenial if you think 20-70 players is enough

we had a peak of 200 for new years

our average players are about 20 anyway

Wow 200 players for 1 day of the year with a 20 player per day average.

Not much to brag about

I made a thread about this game called mean greens and everyone is telling me it's a dead game that I am in denial if I think otherwise.

Mean Greens now has more daily players than blockland.

https://steamcharts.com/app/360940
https://steamcharts.com/app/250340

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=290214.0