why is blockland not on sale?

Author Topic: why is blockland not on sale?  (Read 4479 times)

Gothboy actually hosts quality servers imo. if you're concerned for the future of blockland then tearing down people who still host servers is not the way to go.
thanks mega bear :)

unless they're merps
i have never hosted a merp server in my life so i have no idea what your talking about - you must have me confused with someone else

I know 3 people that stopped playing blockland because of autistic building controls and no base game content.
The building controls are fine. Blockland's brick placement system has what they call a 'learning curve' it take a while to adjust to the building controls but once you do it's actually very easy. The fact that those people quit just shows they have no patience when it comes to learning game controls - oh by the way practically all of blockland controls are remappable so you can change them if you want.

You keep comparing Blockland to other games, it is not. Obviously Blockland isn't as popular as it once was - maybe if there were some actual advertisement for it the game would pick back up again. Most people don't even know the game exists because it's not advertised anywhere. I bet a single TV commercial with a cool video would be all it takes to get some new players

you are now manually pissing

The loving building controls are not fine.

There is a reason people don't loving build large scale terrains as intended with the removal of maps and terrains and no it's not because they are lazy.

Building in blockland is loving autistic

After playing brickadia i realized how bad building was in blockland

No one has time to loving get used to an archaic stuffty building system and i don't blame them for not wanting to get use to that "learning curve"
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 04:42:30 PM by King Tøny »

Remapping controls in blockland isn't going to help.

So many things need to be changed.

The brick resizer tool in brickadia is so God damn insane that i only need 1 brick in my cart most of the time.

While in blockland i have to autisically pick out 10 bricks anf if i forget one i gotta go back in and pick them

gosh if you hate the game so much why did you play for all these years? the way i see it the entire thread is pointless if you're just here to sit and complain about it. You're upset that blockland doesn't have more players...you're upset with the building controls....from the title of the thread you're also upset that it's not on sale...it all just seems a little ridiculous considering the amount of time you have spent playing the game. I understand being upset about the game not being near as popular as it once was but damn. Why not go and play brickadia instead if that is what you prefer? Complaining here will do no good, although I guess it's good to vent every once in a while

« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 10:05:00 PM by Goth77 »

I'm just stating a fact.

The poor building controls is why no one wants to play a 15 year old game.

Doesn't matter how many mods that make it easier because no one wants to do 5 hours of research into looking for that stuff and downloading those mods off an ad riddled third party website.

It became even more apparent when terrains and interiors were removed forcing people to build their own terrains.

with poor building controls it is a loving hassle.

It was easier just loading up mission editor, raise a few mountains and you were done.

But having to build an actual mountain with crappy controls? That's a nightmare.

It took me at least 4 hours to build a mountain but it would take me 4 seconds in mission editor.

Sure you can argue over quantity vs quality but you can't skii down a brick mountain very well.

okay yeah terrain maps were cool n all except for the fact there was no daycycle, but that has nothing to do with the building controls for blockland, they have always been the same. 

if we are talking about the mission editor we must also talk about torque constructor since those things go hand in hand, .dif's n all.....I liked it too, but again, no daycycle.

Listen bro im not here to argue with you about why BL no longer appeals to you, I'm here to tell you that this thread is a waste of time. Whether you see that or not is up to you. You can play old games, or you can play new games, or both, whatever. complaining here will do no good I can assure you that - enjoy the game for what it's worth if you can - even if it's only 10 lousy bucks
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 07:17:15 AM by Goth77 »

I don't hate blockland but it hasn't changed mechanically at all since 2008 and that's a loving problem.

Oh we have shaders now? Who cares it's all client sided and doesn't actually affect gameplay. It looks nice but that's all it has

Why is duplicator not default?

Why is fillcan not default?

Why do I have to keep typing /wand? Just give me all the tools I need without having to spawn them in the game.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 08:04:04 AM by King Tøny »

the biggest issue imo since the very beginning was the god awful building; why isn't there a dedicated build only mode that actually works like every other lego/brick builder app? it'd make building terrain a little more bearable and I can actually get work done without finagling with twenty loving binds.

I also didn't realize how easy it was building with the mouse until brickadia.

and roblox, lego worlds, minecraft and many others also allow building with the mouse.

I'm going to get loving arthritis with the numpad from building.

and building using jets is so god damn annoying.

Sure I have a mod that stalls jets in place but my character still bobs up and down which makes building in the air a loving chore.

If only I could build while in f8 mode.

this may be a 15 year old game but that doesn't excuse it not having quality of life improvements to controls.

Game should have had a more modernized approach for controls and honestly the stuffty controls is scaring people away.

I've tried to get a bunch of people into blockland and they keep telling me the same stuff, the controls are garbage.

I of course was blind to this criticism because I've been playing blockland for so long I forgot the controls were trash. Then I played brickadia and I realized they were right.

If only I could build while in f8 mode.
IIRC, someone made a mod that fixes building controls while orbiting

I don't recall if there's one that allows you to use weapons/fire projectiles while orbiting so that you can place the ghost brick, however