the 2 party system doesn't work [change my mind]

Author Topic: the 2 party system doesn't work [change my mind]  (Read 2986 times)

The founding fathers were against the 2 party system and for good reason.

I've seen for so long votes becoming 1 sided and usually the only way to win a vote is by having more people in your party than the other party, that's not how votes should work.

For example let's go with the impeachment vote for Annoying Orange at the house.

Democrat 228 yes 3 no

republican 0 yes 191 no

So both parties can vote either yes/no but it doesn't matter because as long as democrats out number republicans or vice versa they can all choose to vote for 1 outcome and the republicans or vice versa can't do anything about it.

Now let's say this was a democrat president like obama the results would be flipped

Democrat 3 yes 228 no

republican 191 yes 0 no

Now let's say this was a democrat president like obama but republicans had more seats. (I can't count the 3 yes for this example)

Democrat 0 yes 191 no

republican 228 yes 0 no

If we are going to continue the 2 party system then voting needs to be radically changed. This kind of outcome should have counted as a tie and not pass because there was no general bipartisan agreement with both sides aside from 3 votes.

tl;dr

If we are going to continue the 2 party system then our voting process should at least be 60% bipartisan to pass and similar to jury rules, they  must keep voting until there is an outcome everyone agrees on or else the vote fails.

Otherwise I don't see how the 2 party system will work based on how divided it can be when it comes to polls.

Now before you say "lol you're just mad because your party didn't win"

I don't loving care who won because I am not for either party.

Also it doesn't loving matter because it has to go through the senate and guess what, the senate is majority republican.

So the exact same non-bipartisan outcome will happen in the senate except republicans will win because they are the majority.

This is a problem with both the house and senate and nothing is loving getting done

All these polls are basically decided by popular vote which either side could rig if they have the most seats. Imagine if our presidential elections were won by popular vote.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 05:50:16 AM by King Tøny »

alright, what's your proposed alternative

alright, what's your proposed alternative

If we are going to continue the 2 party system then voting needs to be radically changed. This kind of outcome should have counted as a tie and not pass because there was no general bipartisan agreement with both sides aside from 3 votes.

I said it in the OP, twice actually.

tl;dr

If we are going to continue the 2 party system then our voting process should at least be 60% bipartisan to pass and similar to jury rules, they  must keep voting until there is an outcome everyone agrees on or else the vote fails.

But even then this isn't perfect and they'll just keep stalling and not change their votes until the vote fails.

Still better than what we currently got.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 07:22:34 AM by King Tøny »

I'm more in favor of a something similar to the electoral college where american citizens can vote and the electoral college votes on behalf of the people they represent in that state, city, district, whatever.

basically letting actual americans vote on issues that affect us instead of letting some democrats and republicans handle it.

Still welcome to change my mind

Any attempts to change your mind are futile and not worthy of anyone's time, because you just stick your fingers in your ears and start screaming when someone says anything that contradicts your feelings.

Democracy is outdated.

Tony doesn't get to have a legitimate opinion because he doesn't vote.

Democracy is outdated.

You're outdated

human nature is two party system

a battle between the fruit of knowledge and life, the fundamental battle between nature and future

Another round of "Let's gang up on Tony because, forget him!" Part 3948342

Another round of "Let's gang up on Tony because, forget him!" Part 3948342

Sounds like someone hasn't been around long enough to know why people "gang up" on tony

Maybe you do it because it's a "cool" thing to do. Also if you guys dislike him that much, why do you give him attention and respond with handicapped comments (like yours) that end up doing nothing.

Tell me then how does your vote matter?

Because it's clearly obvious it doesn't

You can vote for these democrat or republicans in but they can easily vote for policies you are against and there is nothing you can do about it.