how do you pronounce gui

Author Topic: how do you pronounce gui  (Read 1818 times)

guy e
literally nobody in the history of the earth has said that. for even implying that it is valid, you are sentenced to death

amateur programmers pronounce the abbreviation G U I but veteran software devs prefer the much more eloquent gooey

Jee You Eye
Exactly. It always bothered the crap out of me when my teacher called it a "goo - ie" like why the forget would anyone pronounce it that way it's called a G.U.I. , JEE YOU EYE, and it's called that because it stands for GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE.

literally nobody in the history of the earth has said that. for even implying that it is valid, you are sentenced to death
lol

amateur programmers pronounce the abbreviation G U I but veteran software devs prefer the much more eloquent gooey
ew no

some even say gwee

where all my "graphical u.i." brothers at

alright wheres the people who pronounced queue kwee wee when they were younger

Exactly. It always bothered the crap out of me when my teacher called it a "goo - ie" like why the forget would anyone pronounce it that way it's called a G.U.I. , JEE YOU EYE, and it's called that because it stands for GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE.
it's basically been an industry standard to pronounce it gooey since like the 70s but then again they probably just refer to it as UI in the first place

its a boomer thing i guess