Is this the end?

Author Topic: Is this the end?  (Read 6115 times)

I've slowly been noticing over they past few months, that the bl forums aren't as active as they used to be. It almost feels like no one even likes posting or replying to anyone anymore. Even the some people make the effort to post, no one bothers replying, and i'm guilty of that too... Also Brickadia! That game is dead as dirt. I thought it was going to be wayyyyy more popular. But I do get that it's not even supposed to really but public yet. The only thing I can say that's really still thriving, are the bl servers. I feel like on weekends we get a 100 players solid for hours, and that's great!
But by the looks of it. It's all coming to an end, and I don't want that! I want the community to stay thriving for way longer that 2020! As long as people keep the game fresh and new, I think we should be alright. So don't give up. 

The fourms will die but if people keep playing blockland then they will not be shut down

the end is never the end is never the end is never the end. remember that.

I've slowly been noticing over they past few months, that the bl forums aren't as active as they used to be. It almost feels like no one even likes posting or replying to anyone anymore. Even the some people make the effort to post, no one bothers replying, and i'm guilty of that too... Also Brickadia! That game is dead as dirt. I thought it was going to be wayyyyy more popular. But I do get that it's not even supposed to really but public yet. The only thing I can say that's really still thriving, are the bl servers. I feel like on weekends we get a 100 players solid for hours, and that's great!
But by the looks of it. It's all coming to an end, and I don't want that! I want the community to stay thriving for way longer that 2020! As long as people keep the game fresh and new, I think we should be alright. So don't give up. 
The fourms will die but if people keep playing blockland then they will not be shut down
the end is never the end is never the end is never the end. remember that.
agreed

make the forums not require a key and they would be more active.

Make blockland F2P and it will be more active.

make the forums not require a key and they would be more active.

Make blockland F2P and it will be more active.

If blockland was free to play that would be great, I'm sure the game would pick up new players in no time.

I've asked Badspot before what it would take to make him decide to make Blockland free-to-play and he said if the sales hit near 0.
I can't really judge him for it either because tbh, even if the game sold like 1 copy a week, that's still extra income to put aside for food, bills, savings, etc.

EDIT: Also mentioned that the only way he would ever abandon Blockland (shutdown the master server) is if Blockland's population was literally zero.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 04:51:32 PM by Sentry »

blockland becoming free to play would attract more negative attention than positive.
habitual problem users that insist on having no life will use this opportunity to further grief and drive newer players away

blockland becoming free to play would attract more negative attention than positive.
habitual problem users that insist on having no life will use this opportunity to further grief and drive newer players away

We already have habitual problem users that do this daily and will loving pay to do it.

Make the game f2P and ban people based on their IP

Badspot makes too much money off of habitual problem users to make the game F2P

to be fair, it's more likely we'll die from corona first before blockland dies.

So I don't know what you're worried about