Author Topic: anyone know what panchiko is? (music)  (Read 1276 times)

obscure noise dream pop band that was active in late 90s early 2000s there album was mostly passed around to friends and family or people at shows 2 decades later 4chan has caught up to the music ripped from a corrupted cd and find the one of the original band members and arranged a release of the album from 2000 in 2020, the band member finds the uncorrupted backed up at home and releases it
https://www.reddit.com/r/lostmedia/comments/e60yz4/the_mystery_of_panchiko_deathmetal/ <<some older info

Album on youtube

its really nice music
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 11:25:01 PM by Swollow »

It's a good album; reminds me of Fishmans' later work at some points and sounds sort of like Sweet Trip crossed with the scrappy ethos and sample-usage of Sumack in others.
I don't buy the backstory's legitimacy at all, though. The recordings are too clean to be something that was self-recorded (computer-based home recording studios would have been in their infancy in the late-90s, so a band of their small caliber would usually be using something like a 4-track cassette recorder instead) and the versions of the songs that were supposedly ripped from a bitrot-ridden CD sound more like someone just slapped a bitcrusher VST on the clean recordings than genuine CD read-error artifacting. An impressive hoax nonetheless; 4 years is a long time to devote to something like this.

i think its nicer just to take it at face value, its sorta like certain things just aren't important to have definite knowledge on in life
the world is so much more lovely when you realize not everything must be known, your perception is the entire reality
don't turn a blind eye to all knowledge but only know things that bring you to a higher state of being are important

Nobody:
brothers who took the blue pill:
i think its nicer just to take it at face value, its sorta like certain things just aren't important to have definite knowledge on in life
the world is so much more lovely when you realize not everything must be known, your perception is the entire reality
don't turn a blind eye to all knowledge but only know things that bring you to a higher state of being are important

oh no im delusional bc i live in a simulation i cant comprehend that we're actively descending into a cyberpunk future
oh wait actually you just have to take a moment and enjoy some life instead of being a nihilistic bitch
lay down and die

i await the epic response you'll zing me with next
or maybe you won't give me the satisfaction of posting again, that would be so disappointing if you just didn't post in my topic at all

Laying down to die is alot harder than it sounds, it makes bagpipes and rocket science look like child's play

It takes most people their whole life to master it successfully

oh no im delusional bc i live in a simulation i cant comprehend that we're actively descending into a cyberpunk future
oh wait actually you just have to take a moment and enjoy some life instead of being a nihilistic bitch
lay down and die

i await the epic response you'll zing me with next
or maybe you won't give me the satisfaction of posting again, that would be so disappointing if you just didn't post in my topic at all

It is a joke

sound like my washing machine