???

Start to finish
15 (55.6%)
Singles/playlists
6 (22.2%)
Doesn’t matter
6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Do you listen to whole albums?  (Read 1816 times)

With recent music trends favoring singles/EP’s and more regular release schedules, I’m seeing more preference towards playlists and variety playing versus listening to an artist’s albums as a whole. What’s your stance?

Most of the time, it's just bits and pieces, only a small handful of specific albums i listen to in their entirety

I like listening to albums a lot, but there are some genres that are more single-oriented, so I try to pay attention to singles too.

so prog i listen to concept albums on shuffle

whole album
album
the question is phrased in such a way that it implies at any point that you go to listen to music are you listening to the entire album, so this question is structured as an answer that is based on multiple past occurrences of something

and thus:

album front to back.

rn its plastic beach, demon days, MBDTF, and bandana on repeat

custom playlist or the same song over and over

i do listen to albums front to back, but not often and not for many albums

i only listen to full albums dependent upon the band. if its pink floyd, full album. there's a couple indie bands i listen to where their whole album sounds great, so i'll listen to the whole thing. more often than not though i listen to individual songs.

i usually listen to a couple songs from a select album on spotify, and if i end up really liking it, i'll buy the album and listen to it the whole way through