Author Topic: [SWep] Default style skins for the base SWep pack - Fixed a load of broken crap  (Read 3231 times)

Default style reskins for the SWep weapon pack by Swollow.

!! Needs Swollow's SWeps base to work: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=322848.0 !!
A set of 9 default-style reskins for the base SWep weapon back by Swollow.
This pack works alongside the normal SWep pack, does not overwrite any of the original weapons, and requires the base SWep pack in order to function.

A list of reskins added by this pack:
Pistol -> Default Pistol
SMG -> Default SMG
Revolver -> Default Revolver
DB shotgun -> Default DB shotgun
Combat Shotgun -> Default Pump Shotgun
Assault rifle -> Default Assault Rifle
AK-47 -> Default Battle Rifle
Lever rifle -> Default Rifle
LMG -> Default LMG

Ammo small -> Default Ammo Small
Ammo medium -> Default Ammo Medium
Ammo heavy -> Default Ammo Heavy
Ammo magnum -> Default Ammo Magnum
Ammo shotgun -> Default Ammo Shotgun
!! Needs Swollow's SWeps base to work: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=322848.0 !!

Download:
https://blocklandglass.com/addons/addon.php?id=1277
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 05:09:24 AM by TheArmyGuy »

make a server option to overwrite the normal ones

super cool!
im a big fan of the models and take on the pack!!
very sweet that you kept most of the secret animations in

here are my nitpicks and criticisms
theres no fail if sweps isn't loaded, it will load these weapons in if sweps base isn't present and none of them will work
weapon is uncapitilized in the addon name and it also uses the prefix "SWep" instead of "SWeps" which actually breaks versioning detection on sweps
magazine debris on pistol is wrong color
the pistol doesnt eject casing
assault rifle mag debris is wrong color
assault rifle ejects the shell casings from my pack instead of yours
battle rifle mag debris is wrong color
battle rifle ejects the shell casings from my pack instead of yours
pump shotgun ejects the shell casings from my pack instead of yours
revolver shell eject offset is not aligned properly (but the smg one is and i noticed!!)
smg mag debris is wrong color
rifle ejects the shell casings from my pack instead of yours
i see you decided to add the smg charge sound to the assault rifle because of the animation glitch present in the release version of sweps, this is sort of my fault and something that i should have fixed, also animation bugs on the smg in the present release
you might want to consider removing the open and close sound on the lmg since it doesnt open and close
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 08:05:15 PM by Swollow »

ah yes the classic solid steel barrel mod on that shotgun

valid remarks
very sweet that you kept most of the secret animations in
I tried to keep the revolver specials in but that stuff's hell, 100% more so if you aren't the person that wrote the code for it lol.
Makes your revolver a bit more special.

Also please don't take this as an insult on your models, I really like them and think they are a big reason most people use the pack (realism vibe).
Am going for a specific aesthetic on a map I'm making and thought I might as well release this.

theres no fail if sweps isn't loaded, it will load these weapons in if sweps base isn't present and none of them will work
--> Fixed. Changed it so it checks for SWeps, if it's there and enabled all good, installed but disabled it executes it but sets the UI names of normal SWep guns and ammo boxes to "", not installed it errors and doesn't execute.

weapon is uncapitilized in the addon name and it also uses the prefix "SWep" instead of "SWeps" which actually breaks versioning detection on sweps
--> This is something blockland glass does for some reason? If you name the add-on Weapon_SWeps_DefaultSkins which I did but then put weapon_swep_defaultskins as the name in glass it deadass CHANGES the .zips name. Fixed.

magazine debris on pistol is wrong color
--> Fixed. Debris don't work with colorshifts sadly.

the pistol doesnt eject casing
--> Fixed, casing datablock was in smg.cs which is executed after gunpistol.cs, so the shell doesnt exist yet when the pistol script is ran. Swapped them around in the server.cs. Didn't notice this before since I was constantly re-executing the server.cs in console after I made changes to the code, which accidentally fixes this issue.

assault rifle mag debris is wrong color
--> Fixed, forgot whiteCheck is an additive/substractive material instead of just a solid color

assault rifle ejects the shell casings from my pack instead of yours
--> Fixed. Can't believe I didnt notice any of these, did notice and fix for the LMG before releasing but jesus christ

battle rifle mag debris is wrong color
--> Fixed.

battle rifle ejects the shell casings from my pack instead of yours
--> Fixed.

pump shotgun ejects the shell casings from my pack instead of yours
--> Fixed. Again, fixed for DB shotgun before release but didnt check for other smh

revolver shell eject offset is not aligned properly (but the smg one is and i noticed!!)
--> Fixed, forgot to change the offset as it looked passable enough to me

smg mag debris is wrong color
--> Fixed.

rifle ejects the shell casings from my pack instead of yours
--> Fixed aaa Im a dumbass

i see you decided to add the smg charge sound to the assault rifle because of the animation glitch present in the release version of sweps, this is sort of my fault and something that i should have fixed, also animation bugs on the smg in the present release
--> Yeah indeed, made sense on the AR as well with the addition of a bolt.

you might want to consider removing the open and close sound on the lmg since it doesnt open and close
--> Did consider but since the base pack is so well balanced and the LMG is already buttforget overpowered (as it should be) I dont wanna reduce reload time further. I think removing the first sound indicator that someone is reloading would be confusing. I get it doesn't fit thematically but it fits better gameplay wise imo

PLEASE REDOWNLOAD THE PACK AND REMOVE THE OLD VERSION NAMED weapon_swep_defaultskins FROM YOUR ADD-ONS FOLDER
New download (also in OP): https://blocklandglass.com/addons/addon.php?id=1277
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 03:21:24 PM by TheArmyGuy »

Also please don't take this as an insult on your models, I really like them and think they are a big reason most people use the pack (realism vibe).
Am going for a specific aesthetic on a map I'm making and thought I might as well release this.
i would never take offense of someone creating/reimagining/editting content, all content is good and all people like different things (:
i think its really cool that people are making stuff and also really nice when people are expanding on my content!!

--> Did consider but since the base pack is so well balanced and the LMG is already buttforget overpowered (as it should be) I dont wanna reduce reload time further. I think removing the first sound indicator that someone is reloading would be confusing. I get it doesn't fit thematically but it fits better gameplay wise imo
youd just want to decrease the time of the start and end animation to like 0.01 and then make the delay between putting on the new mag longer so that its still the same amount of time

Very nice add on! Thanks!

Really captures default style, even better that it uses best weapon system Blockland has. Great job hope you make more.

super cool!
im a big fan of your DOOM 3 SWeps that you made for Condemned: Criminal Origins

super cool!
im a big fan of your DOOM 3 SWeps that you made for Condemned: Criminal Origins

is this an ArmyUnit joke I'm not getting?