Documentaries aka Entertaining Education

Author Topic: Documentaries aka Entertaining Education  (Read 1320 times)

So I thought it might be a fun thread to recommend documentaries to each other, we all have various interests outside knives, and why not give people some suggestions on what might be entertaining and educating at the same time.
Some of them might be more difficult to track down but google generally helps. I'll start first, a good layout would be: Year, Title, Topic and ideally a Trailer. My first picks:

The Art of Flight, 2011, Snowboarding, Trailer

Why I like it: Great nature shots, love the soundtrack, visually striking. I briefly snowboarded too and like winter, so there is that connection.

We are Blood, 2015, Skateboarding, Trailer

Why I like it: Again, visually well done, good soundtrack, I skated for a number of years in my teenage years, brings back some memories in that regard.

We Write The Streets, 2012, German Drifting/Import Tuning Scene, Full Documentary

Why I like it: I like cars and again great visuals.

Black Air The Grand National Docu, 2012, Backstory on the creation of the GNX, Trailer

Why I like it: Cause I think the car is really underrated and doesn't get the fame it deserves.

Love the Beast, 2009, The Story of Eric Bana and his Ford Falcon Coupe, Trailer

Why I like it: Just a great story of a man who has a love for his first car.

Anybody got some?

aftermath for apocalyptic scenarios
the rest is just world record histories on video games by summoning salt or ahoy on youtube

planet earth
how its made

I don’t remember what they’re called but i like those documentaries about how the earth was made or the ones about life

I don’t remember what they’re called but i like those documentaries about how the earth was made or the ones about life
Nasubi

I like these cause they make me feel like I'm living in the future
Cyberpunk (1990) is about William Gibson's Neuromancer and cyberpunk subculture, its pretty cool
Future Shock (1972) narrated by Orson Welles, about the book by Alvin Toffler

also anything by Werner Herzog hes awesome. Lessons of Darkness and Into the Inferno are good ones
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 02:08:53 PM by Mega-Bear »

Gordon Ramsay: Shark Bait and Michelin Stars - The Madness of Perfection are pretty cool. It's always interesting to see behind the scenes of restaurants and stuff.

North Korean Labor Camps (when VICE was good)

forgot, Gordon Ramsay Boiling Point is pretty good and I know it's a show but if you want to see more behind the scenes of restaurant stuff you can watch Marco, it's from the 80s and he pulls absolutely 0 punches during all of it

Speaking of behind the scenes of a restaurant, this was a really good one that was on youtube but seems to be gone now.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0183069/