THE MIDNIGHT GOSPEL - Now Streaming

Author Topic: THE MIDNIGHT GOSPEL - Now Streaming  (Read 817 times)

The Midnight Gospel is a new adult animated series by Pendleton Ward, the creator of Adventure Time. Starring Duncan Trussell, Phil Hendrie, and Drew Pinsky, the show aims to tackle life's biggest questions in a zany and colorful blend of real-life podcasts and cartoon wackiness.

Clancy (played by Duncan Trussell), the main character of the show, uses a malfunctioning "multiverse simulator" (typically used to extract and sell technology from parallel universes) to interview denizens of dying worlds and broadcast their messages into deep space. The podcasts from the show are from Duncan Trussell's Family Hour podcast and harmonizes a blend of real-life podcasts and scripted cartoon narrative.

Yeah uhhhh this looks trippy as forget. Anyway, I thought I'd share some information about this show in case any of you guys are interested in giving it a try. Adventure Time was pretty popular, but limited severely by the "kid-friendly" vibe of the show. Pretty excited to see what Pendleton is capable of when he can say "forget"

The show releases at midnight PST, April 20, only on Netflix. From the time I posted this, that's about 5 hours from now. I really hope this show is actually good and not just raunchy for the sake of shock value. So far, critics from early screenings have had a lot of praise for the show, so I'm hyped as hell for its release.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 01:34:39 AM by Remurr »

It isn't no beef house that's for sure

looks like stuff
I figured one of you would say this, and that's fine, I'm not about to say you can't have an opinion. I'm just trying to raise awareness that this is a thing for people who would be interested in the show (or enjoyed Adventure Time). You probably wouldn't like it anyway :p but thanks for giving this thread a click.

brothers really about to watch a show plugged by this brother... he off the goop

brothers really about to watch a show plugged by this brother... he off the goop
i just clicked "quote" instead of modify, but ok

releasing this on 4/20 was clearly a genius marketing choice. and now i'm smacked as forget watching this show and it's really good

podcast with maximum budget
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 06:35:11 PM by PhantOS »