Author Topic: blockland unresponsive on startup  (Read 1800 times)

so im having this weird problem where whenever i start blockland my game opens to the main menu and the program just freezes. if i drag the window it updates and is responsive to input (i can click on buttons) but i can only do this as i switch between windows. the game has like 0 fps and is completely frozen

i don't know how to fix this. i reinstalled blockland fresh and it hasnt made a difference

You might want to put blocks and on a shelf until this whole glass/ddos thing blows over

try it on a new computer

My blockland just flat out wont open. Steam says its launching but nothing happens.

Do either of you use steam?

I'm having the same problem. My steam version of blockland won't even launch, and my key version crashes consistently after console echoes "Activating the OpenGL display device... (NEW)", about 5 seconds after trying to launch.

My steam version will update the console.log, but no windows will open up. The last lines of the consol.log are consistently
Code: [Select]
Accelerated OpenGL display device detected.
Activating the OpenGL display device...

Take a look over here:

We found a way to make the game work by disabling CFG for the exe. NOTE: CFG is an important security protection and shouldn't be disabled, but since the recent exploit has been patched, you should be safe to temporarily disable it.

Open Blockland.exe in a hex editor (I use HxD) and find these two bytes:

Change "C1" to "81" and save. The game should work now.

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=325774.msg10032036#msg10032036