[help] HDMI not producing full colors

Author Topic: [help] HDMI not producing full colors  (Read 1119 times)

So I have a dual monitor setup.

! uses display port the other HDMI

the problem is my computer has 1 display port and 1 hdmi so I can't use two display ports.

the HMDI version has more faded colors and I can't get it as dark as the display port.

I thought my monitors were faulty but I switched the cables and fond out it wasn't the case

Anyways I went to nvidia settings and set colors to full and it's still not working
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 10:28:03 PM by King Tøny »

if the monitors are the same, it might just be how both of them are decoding their inputs
definitely strange it's noticeable though

oh it's super noticeable.

Display port is pure black

HDMI turns black into dark grey

I dont know how to fix it

It might just be that since it's on a different input the color settings are different. Make sure the brightness and contrast are the same between the two monitors.

have you tried blowing on the hdmi port

It might just be that since it's on a different input the color settings are different. Make sure the brightness and contrast are the same between the two monitors.

I tried this already it's impossible to get them looking the same.

The HDMI just doesn't display full RGB

It's also not the monitor's issue.

Because I switched the cables and I get the same problem just on the other screen.

take a pic of it

Display port on the left

HDMI on the right

Both have the exact same settings

And it's not the monitors fault either because if I switch the cables then the full black will be on the right and the dark grey will be on the left

this can lead to some serious eye strain if I can't fix it

I used to have this issue before. It's some issue with Nvidia drivers limiting the color range to 16-255 instead of 0-255. LONG time ago when I did have this issue (I had it several times for each time i upgraded my pc) I just looked it up and found a thread of in.
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia-hdmi-full-range-and-limited-toggler-tool.373241/ (Thread I maybe got it from. I don't remember)

Anyways, I have the tool saved on my computer so I'll just upload it.

https://leopard.hosting.pecon.us/dl/tvofh/NV_RGBFullRangeToggle.exe (The tool I uploaded that was saved on my computer. Yes it's safe)

Just run the program and click the 'Set Full Color Range' button and make sure you restart your PC afterwards.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 12:36:57 AM by Trogtor »

holy stuff that fixed it, now my eyes will stop burning.

It was stressing my eyes out.

there is one more issue there is a blue line that is faint but it shows on the bottom of the screen while the other screen does not do this.

But I think that's a hardware problem.

It's not really noticable though